• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul #1 Ranks 2nd on U.S. Monthly BookScan July List

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
even though it was a god awful adaptation and in the end god awful anime, you gotta hand it to Pierrot for at least helping the manga's sales and popularity. I'd say that's what they were going for in the first place.
Calico

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure how much you can read into it, but on Amazon the first volume of Tokyo Ghoul has consistently been the #1 best seller in horror manga. I keep waiting for something else to knock it off, but nope. So it looks like plenty of people are buying it through online shopping as well.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
even though it was a god awful adaptation and in the end god awful anime, you gotta hand it to Pierrot for at least helping the manga's sales and popularity. I'd say that's what they were going for in the first place.

The first season is not a bad adaptation, never deviated from the plot of the manga. All things animate omitted. The second season does not follow the manga by manga artist made this decision and wrote it.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/tokyo-ghoul-2nd-anime-season-video-teases-new-story-by-creator/.79825

http://fringesofsanity.tumblr.com/post/115010839876/ishida-suis-drafts
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1