• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
009-1 (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote

009-1 (TV)

Source: Manga (completed @ 6 volumes, by Shotaro Ishinomori)

Demographic: Seinen

Animation Studio: Ishimori Entertainment Inc.

Genres: action, drama, science fiction

Themes: alternate reality, assassins, cold war, cyborgs, ecchi, fanservice, girls with guns, spies

Plot Summary: In an alternate world, the Cold War has continued to persist for 140 years. As a result, the world was divided into two factions: the West Block, and the East Block. As the Cold War drags on, the tension between the two factions, as well as the amount of nuclear weapons they have, rise. Mylene Hoffman is a female cyborg who is a spy for the West Block. Together with three other agents, Mylene partakes in various missions issued by her superiors.

Air Date & Platform:
October 5, 2006 (Thursday)
Available on: FUNimation, Hulu

Episode Count / Runtime: 13 episodes
----------------------------------

Has anyone here on the ANN forums watched the first episode of the new (well 2-month old technically) series 009-1? I thought that the first episode was pretty interesting, it definitely kept my interest. I just hope that it doesn't turn into "mission of the week featuring female cyborg agents with big tits."
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:58 am Reply with quote
I've seen one ep and wasn't fond of the art style and whatnot, but when I have the time I may watch some more to see if the story is going anywhere interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:43 pm Reply with quote
This didn't really peak my interest but any that I had left was destroyed by this screenshot.

WARNING: Potentially NMS
Mindless Watcher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quote
I've seen it and didn't like what I saw.

I think they chose a semi-realistic parallel world setting to be taken serious. But that's simply not possible. If you strive for be taken serious you can't give all agent roles to girls with giant tits to start with. And they don't even look! The Russians on the other hand are obivously meant to be all ugly bringing the whole series on the brink of racism.

Then, what's all this "eastblock-westblock" talk? What's wrong with "NATO" and "Warsaw Pact"? OK, the names might have changed by then but why don't they come up with some believable imaginary names? In any case: "It's because I am an eastblock agent and you are a westblock agent." That simply sounds too articifial. People don't talk that way.

And people don't put on their boxer shorts after they had sex and long before they intend to leave the bed. They also don't enwrap themselves in a blanket in some complicated manner. That was what I call a "unnecessary non-nude scene".

There also was a plot somewhere I think but it never gave you the feeling that the girls would accomplish the mission anthing else but effortlessly so my interest was low.

Bottom line: No. For action I'm gonna stick to Chevalier, for realism to FLAG.
GANTZOO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote
I wanna watch this anime, but i wanted to know, Are there any sex scenes in this anime, cause i want to know whether i can watch this during the day or at night
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:50 am Reply with quote
Just play it safe and watch it at night if you're worried about being "discovered" or whatever. And please stop with the "does it have sex scenes?" questions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1