• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ANN Exclusive: Interview + ADV License Announcement

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenparker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
...Am I missing something?
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I know I am, the News page only gives me an Internal Server Error.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Go look now Smile
RayV

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Well that explains why Media Blasters was kicked to the curb.
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote
yay....

SOMEONE picked up AMG season 2...

hopefully ADV would add some extra features...Media Blaster's first season was pretty bare on extras...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nionel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Wow, ADV has Ah! My Goddess now? Looks like I should probably get around to buying the first season then...
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I have no doubt in my mind that this (Chevalier) will be a hit. Of course anime fans know it's a quality series, but I think word of mouth is going to propel it beyond the fan community. It's the kind of show that people watch and then force their friends to sit down and watch.

I wonder about this, that this show will go beyond the fan community. Personally I think that Chevalier is a great series, however on my friends watching it I just don't know about that. Personally my friends and I are going to watch Afro Samurai when that airs, but as to me bringing over the DVDs for Chevalier on our weekly movie night that I don't know.

Overall good interview, after reading about Coyote Ragtime Show I am sort of interested in this series, and seeing as how the first episode is available on IGN. I think that I am going to check that out to see what it's all about.

Delta
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Chris, the third to the last question didn't go bold. Also looks like the interview and the news are launching two different discussions.

Well, he certainly does sound enthusiastic about 2007 doesn't he? Wish he would have even made mention of Sgt. Frog after what they did with their website...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
InuJoshua

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Bailiff, you are a good man for endorsing Elfen Lied. And way to go on picking up AMG 2nd Season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to give the 1st episode a look, not like it costs anything but a little time and I'm sure I can spare 20 minutes. Really wonder what they're going to do with AMG and the previous cast, I do know a few people who are going to be glad to hear it's been officially picked up though.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow, AMG is the most floated around title out there.

OVA - AnimEigo (which I still consider the best verison)
Movie - Geneon
TV Series 1 - Media Blaster
TV Series 2 - ADV

*L* Who's next FUNanimation, maybe ShoPro/Viz Razz I can't wait none the less.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote
On the sales figures thing--it's nice to hear the explanation, it makes more sense.

I still would REALLY like to have at least a general idea on how a show is doing here in the states. Why? I know this might sound odd, but I try to go out of my way to purchase titles I like that aren't doing well. For example, I decided to buy Princess Tutu all at once as soon as Zac mentioned something about how it wasn't doing well--putting on hold getting shows like Fruits Basket and FMA. Since I have a limited budget, I'd rather help shows I like that DON'T do well, instead of buying a series that doesn't need my support as much.

Maybe this would be bad for publicity--I certainly don't know much about marketing--but couldn't they at least put out a press release or some sort of announcement when they've got a quality show on their hands that *isn't* doing well? Thanking the fans for their support, thanking those who had already bought the show, then, if you HADN'T gotten the show yet--explaining that the show has not been doing well, and ask the fans to support it any way they could. When the author of Earthsong recently announced that Vol II may never get published because of low sales on Vol I, I rushed out immediately and purchased it. I'd like to *know* when shows I love aren't doing well--that way I can buy what I can, tell my friends, get the word out. Princess Tutu had no lack of positive buzz--and so many fans (including friends I've loaned the DVDs too and BEGGED to buy them) don't realize how badly the show is doing and tell me "I'll get it as soon as the box set comes out."

Whew. Hopefully I made some sort of sense there. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Gage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Well at least most you have AMG episodes. My collection is accpetionally low. I'm very behind on my anime VHS and DVDs. Due to money and the place where anime can be found at is about 45 minutes away from my house. I highly doubt my parents want to drive out there everytime a new series volume is released.

But in any case, I like reading this interview. It gives me a good chance to pick up on a little bit of background knowledge and understanding. Looking forward to the next interview! Smile
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, I must say this was a surprise (the aquisition of AMG). I guess that deal with Sojitz must be paying off. Unfortunately, I would have to say we will probably see the 4th casting for Goddess. I would expect ADV will do what they did with Comic Party Revolution and do it in-house. Don't get me wrong, ADV has one of the best rosters of talent when it comes to dubs, but it is almost getting as bad as Captain Harlock (whom I believe has been voiced by more VA's than any other anime character)!
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I agree. Hats off to Mr. Bailiff for endorsing Elfen Lied.

@Gage: Wait for the Best Buy and TRSI sales, that's how I finished off Series 1. Smile

I hope that they make a bundle off this title and Sgt. Frog so that other deserving niche titles, high cost series and one shot OVAs can come over.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4