• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Astro Boy Prequel Manga Atom the Beginning Gets Anime Adaptation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:38 am Reply with quote
If only Pluto would get an anime...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:51 am Reply with quote
Huh, this could be really interesting. I'm always interested in prequels, because they have the luxury of telling a story that doesn't need to have a happy ending. I find it opens up interesting possibilities and allows the creators to take greater creative risks. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
kpk

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:39 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
If only Pluto would get an anime...

I know right!

One of - if not the greatest - manga of all time, and the anime could be one of the greatest anime shows ever made.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quote
This is an interesting development.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:04 am Reply with quote
This will be a must watch. Here is my MU review of the manga, to gain a bit of perspective:

Pluto is it you? (8,5/10)
Masami Yuuki wrote the highly recommendable combo of Ja Ja Uma Grooming UP! (8,5/10) and more importantly Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor (8,5/10), which have similar slice of life roots. Kasahara´s comparable RideBack (9/10) is a quality tale too and both creators need more international love. It thus should come as no surprise that i can recommend Atom - The Beginning to basically anyone as Osamu´s creation is hugely important to the medium and the series is an official prequel overseen by his son. The art and especially designs are great, the story is intriguing from the start and all the famous characters are also fun and intriguing in these vastly younger forms. If you like the similar and much darker reimagining Pluto (10/10) that this origin tale is for you too even if the manga is only one volume "old" as of now. This is going to be a fun ride and i look forward to more, even if a translation of any kind has still to establish itself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Can we get an actual Tezuka anime (TV series) again for once ... also would prefer not Astro Boy or Black jack ... There's so much other stuff they could take ...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1