• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 2 GN 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
It's unfortunate that Lisa Lisa doesn't have a huge payoff in this volume, because i do like her a lot as a character (she's also, by a mile, the best female character in this series until part 6). Part 2 is either my first or second favorite, and it's a great ride. And hey- we do find out definitively that Germany's medical science is the BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:23 am Reply with quote
Nice to see you're enjoying JoJo Rebecca. Now that you've finished Part 2 I definitely recommend checking out the 2012 anime if you haven't seen it yet.

I'll be curious to see your thoughts on Part 3 with the introduction of Stands.
AyanamiRei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:46 am Reply with quote
Out-of-topic, sorry:

I have difficulties to pre-order the second tome of the US Stardust Crusaders tome (JoJonium version) since two months. I bought every previous tome months in advance since hard-cover manga's prints are probably limited in the USAs so I am starting to fear that I won't get it (quite annoying since Stardust Crusaders was my main motivation to acquire this deluxe edition).
Has anyone infos about that? (maybe people living in North America)
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't worry yet - the first volume of Stardust Crusaders in the JoJonium edition only just shipped this month. The second isn't due until February.
AyanamiRei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:16 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
I wouldn't worry yet - the first volume of Stardust Crusaders in the JoJonium edition only just shipped this month. The second isn't due until February.

I received a notification from Book Depository three days ago:
Quote:
Sorry, the book you're looking for is out of print

On 1st November you asked us to let you know when Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Vol. 2 (of Stardust Crusaders) was back in stock. We've checked with all our publishers and suppliers since then, and we're sorry to say that this title has gone out of print.
torchic91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
I read recently that Ariki was told to cut Lisa Lisa's battle because "men wouldn't care about it." Just one of the many terrible editorial decisions Araki has had to make to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1