• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic's Site Removes Fall Listing for New TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:32 am Reply with quote
Wasn't it even confirmed recently that it would air in Fall? What the hell?
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:34 am Reply with quote
It better just be a postponing.
Robiii

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:51 am Reply with quote
Damn thats just harsh xD
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 am Reply with quote
At this point, I am willing to wait a year just so that FMP can be assured of good quality. I don't want it to fall short just because of being hastily made.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote
Oh come on. Don't screw with people like this!

That was the one thing making Fall exciting this far out. Hopefully someone just screwed up on updating the site.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
I hoe Sentai do the dubbing, I trust Funimation to get as many VAs back as possible, but I can't see them getting them all. Has Hilary Haag ever done work for Funi?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:19 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I hoe Sentai do the dubbing, I trust Funimation to get as many VAs back as possible, but I can't see them getting them all. Has Hilary Haag ever done work for Funi?

She did a small role for them several years ago, but nothing recently. She is actually the VA I'm most worried about. She works another job and has children now, so traveling to Dallas for dubbing may not be possible. Tessa being voiced by anyone but Hilary, would knock this down from a "must buy" for me to a "I might get it on clearance." Hopefully, if Funi does get it, they will try their absolute best to get her back.
Marzan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:27 am Reply with quote
As long as it gets done, I can wait a bit longer. I mean it's been a decade anyway since we had some animated GITS
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote
Well that sucks just want it was going to be released they do this now and now how much longer tell it gets a new date
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:56 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Only once, as Augusta/Seth in Trinity Blood.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:04 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Only once, as Augusta/Seth in Trinity Blood.

Thanks. I couldn't recall the name. I tried to watch it on Adult Swim and just couldn't get into it.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:40 am Reply with quote
You guys....TRUST Funimation? Does anyone remember how we had to drag them kicking and screaming to get them to actually get all the VAs back for Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail?

Oh how about the Escaflowne redub they did? Rescripting it and re-releasing it was a great idea, but did they try to get ANY of the old cast back?

What about Trigun Badlands Rumble? They didn't get Wolfwood's VA back when he said that he WOULD have! And he even LIVED close by...but they NEVER contacted him. They did not even try!

Or how about what they did with Berserk 2016's dub? Yeah, the anime was garbage, but what would have made that series worth buying was the old VAs return. And did they get ANYONE to return? I don't know about you guys, but to me...

Marc Diraison is Guts.
Kevin T. Collins is Griffith.
Carrie Keranen is Caska.

End of discussion.

And in the recent dub with Crunchyroll/Funimation they got NONE of them back. The worst part? They COULD have. The actors even TWEETED that they could have easily come back for the dubbing process, but Funimation didn't even try to contact them. The only thing I can think of is 1) Funimation didn't care, 2) Funimation is lazy, 3) Funimation honest thinks that Berserk fans don't care and will buy the series without the original english VAs. Which is dumbfounding considering how poorly received that anime was...it needed all the help it could get to sell and they didn't do the EASIEST thing to sell the ANIME.

And you guys think they will put in ANY effort to get the voice actors back? You are either hopelessly optimistic or not paying attention. If you want these VAs back, either prepare to be disappointed or start demanding RIGHT NOW that the VAs come back.

What does Funimation think? That people will actually buy these animes that have iconic voice actors without the original voice actors? Imagine if they did this to FMA:B!

Look I am bitter about this...if anyone can clear up any of this up, maybe I am missing details...please, let me know.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
You guys....TRUST Funimation? Does anyone remember how we had to drag them kicking and screaming to get them to actually get all the VAs back for Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail?

Oh how about the Escaflowne redub they did? Rescripting it and re-releasing it was a great idea, but did they try to get ANY of the old cast back?

What about Trigun Badlands Rumble? They didn't get Wolfwood's VA back when he said that he WOULD have! And he even LIVED close by...but they NEVER contacted him. They did not even try!

Or how about what they did with Berserk 2016's dub? Yeah, the anime was garbage, but what would have made that series worth buying was the old VAs return. And did they get ANYONE to return? I don't know about you guys, but to me...

Marc Diraison is Guts.
Kevin T. Collins is Griffith.
Carrie Keranen is Caska.

End of discussion.

And in the recent dub with Crunchyroll/Funimation they got NONE of them back. The worst part? They COULD have. The actors even TWEETED that they could have easily come back for the dubbing process, but Funimation didn't even try to contact them. The only thing I can think of is 1) Funimation didn't care, 2) Funimation is lazy, 3) Funimation honest thinks that Berserk fans don't care and will buy the series without the original english VAs. Which is dumbfounding considering how poorly received that anime was...it needed all the help it could get to sell and they didn't do the EASIEST thing to sell the ANIME.

And you guys think they will put in ANY effort to get the voice actors back? You are either hopelessly optimistic or not paying attention. If you want these VAs back, either prepare to be disappointed or start demanding RIGHT NOW that the VAs come back.

What does Funimation think? That people will actually buy these animes that have iconic voice actors without the original voice actors? Imagine if they did this to FMA:B!

Look I am bitter about this...if anyone can clear up any of this up, maybe I am missing details...please, let me know.

The whole berserk 2016 thing wasnt on Funimation that was on Crunchyroll and it had already been licensed out to BangZoom before the funimation Crunchyroll agreement. Funimation just has the streaming and DVD/BLU RAY rights to the show.

As for Trigun that was probably a mess

Escaflowne they were very upfront even with the Kickstarter so i wouldnt hold that against them.

They have been doing pretty good recently (as best they can anyways with broadcast dubs) with shows like Danganronpa and tales of Zesteria. They also got all except one VA for D gray man. They also got alk the voice actors back for Code Heass akito tge exiled that releases here shortly.

By and large at least lately Funimation has been doing a pretty damn good job getting the voice actors back for shows
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote
New meaning to the Full Metal PANIC name, LOLOLOL! Twisted Evil

They definitely panicked there and pulled a fast one.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
I may of missed something in a previews article, but I haven't heard anything about Funi licensing this. The only reason anyone thinks they is because they re-released seasons 1 to 3. I wouldn't rule out the chance of Sentai getting it.

I know it was not directly related, but they got Amagi Brilliant Park, which may of just been a coincidence, so they could have their eye on the property. Funimation seems intent on getting a hold of as many new titles, they may not even bother with this.

It may even be best to ask Sentai directly, if enough people do, they make it a priority.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2