• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yahoo! Auctions Adds Rule Targeting Ticket Scalpers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
How would they determine that?? Like, would they ask a person "why do you have so many tivkets" or what?? Because inatances where a large group of people can't attend something has happened before. It has happened to me before as well and we sold it to people who wanted to attend.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:48 pm Reply with quote
It would be great if Yahoo would also start banning resales of items that have been in stock for only less than one month and are of limited quality (like the NES Classic last year).
fencer_x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:41 am Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
How would they determine that?? Like, would they ask a person "why do you have so many tivkets" or what?? Because inatances where a large group of people can't attend something has happened before. It has happened to me before as well and we sold it to people who wanted to attend.

Presumably you could still sell them separately under your own accounts, with payments going into your own bank accounts--which is what happens with Y!Auctions in Japan.

I've bought plenty of tickets via Y!Auctions before, many from what I suspect were scalpers as they had meaningless nicknames like "YJA1267839" and were selling 4 tickets in a row (the maximum you can reserve at once is 4 tickets on sites in Japan for most shows) over multiple different auctions.

It's very easy to spot the scalpers. They'll either go away or have to change their game, but at least some may be discouraged by this, and it shouldn't adversely affect most people selling their last-minute tickets on the site.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
It would be great if Yahoo would also start banning resales of items that have been in stock for only less than one month and are of limited quality (like the NES Classic last year).

Then you've killed the easiest way to get CD's
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1