• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball FighterZ Game Adds Gotenks, Kid Buu, Ultimate Gohan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
They game is gonna come in the next two months. So, there might be one or two new reveals. The reveal in December will either be the final reveal or the second-to-last. I doubt this month's is the final reveal.
Mavado

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, they did say that the FighterZ Pass will include eight characters, so with these and Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta there should be three more.

Dabura, Beerus & Super Saiyaman perhaps?
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Mavado wrote:
Well, they did say that the FighterZ Pass will include eight characters, so with these and Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta there should be three more.

These aren't Fighter pass characters. They're in the game by default. They haven't announced the DLC cast yet.
ETX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Beerus and Hit have also been rumored.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Mavado wrote:

I was talking about the standard roster. DLC is just DLC. The game isn't out yet, so DLC isn't as important right now. #21 is probably going to be playable. She may be a scientist, but she's also an artificial human like all the others before her, so she must be capable of fighting at least.

I wouldn't be surprised of Broly and Bardock being hidden characters, since they are in almost every video game since their game debuts, and FighterZ already did movie references, like in the case of Trunks (his clash with #14 in movie 7).

Beerus is very marketable, joke characters like Great Saiyaman and Mister Satan are welcomed, and Dabra is a very unique fighter (throwing spears, summoning swords, spitting on people, breathing fire, etc.). But Great Saiyaman is boring in comparison to Gotenks and Satan, and I don't think that the game would need a third Gohan. Boo's forms at least are very different from each other. Even Super Boo is different from Ultimate Boo. Problem with Ultimate Boo is that his moves would be a combination of too many characters. Vegetto and Gotenks on the other hand have much more creative moves to make them stand out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1