• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live-Action Yowamushi Pedal Actor Eiji Takigawa Posts Moving Blog Entry After Paralyzing A

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:50 pm Reply with quote
That's a damn inspirational story. But I wouldn't want anyone to go through what this guy's been through. Hang in there, Mr. Takigawa.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Incredible. I’m so glad he’s looking positively at his situation. So sad that happened to him though. I couldn’t imagine... God please keep his mind and attitude strong while he goes through this slow recovery. Please, one day, let him be able to keep improving and healing so that he can move and function without the assistance of others. Please protect him. Amen.
Flare-kun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:16 pm Reply with quote
God bless you, Takigawa-san. Get well soon!
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Takigawa you a prefect Juichi in every way even in recovery after his horrible accident he still represents what I saw in Juichi so get well and let universe help you recover quickly.
sailorstarsun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad he's being so positive about it, as I am still crying 999 years worth of tears for him.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:07 pm Reply with quote
The "stated" hyperlink URL takes us to a One Piece article on ANN rather than what I assume is an outside source.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I hope he recovers quickly and well. His story reminds me of the late Dennis Byrd.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:15 pm Reply with quote
My god, this man has amazing mental fortitude to bounce back so quickly, I'm crying just hearing his story. I hope he keeps regaining sensation over his body, he is such an inspiration to be able to talk about his situation with such frankness and wonder.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:26 pm Reply with quote
My God. What an amazing man. What a strong, amazing human being. God is with you, dear sir.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:17 am Reply with quote
Although I haven't watched any of the live action version of Yowapeda and I'm not familiar with his work, I wish this man nothing but the best. This is absolutely devastating and it's astonishing that he's made any progress at all after such a dangerous injury. We're rooting for you, Takigawa! 頑張って!
Loveless100

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:22 am Reply with quote
The moment in the article where they mentioned he was writing this with his mouth, I literally started to sob. TakiEiji has always been such a professional actor even a decade ago when he was Tezuka in the Prince of Tennis musicals. He has so many gifts as an actor that seeing him like this is heart breaking. I hope he slowly recovers and returns to the stage like Yanagi did after his car crash...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1