• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:16 pm Reply with quote

(The) Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior (TV)

Source: Light Novels (ongoing @ 6 volumes, written by Tenichi, illustrated by Suzunosuke)

Demographic: Josei

Animation Studio: OLM (Team Yoshioka)

Genres: fantasy, romance

Themes: aristocracy, isekai, reincarnation, royalty, virtual world

Plot Summary: Pride Royal Ivy is only eight years old when she realizes that she's been reincarnated, destined to become the future wicked queen and final boss of an otome game. She's got it all in this new life: razor-sharp wit, boss-tier powers, and influence over the kingdom as crown princess. Princess Pride decides to drop the maniacal villainess plan and protect the male love interests instead, cheating her way to saving everyone she can.

Air Date & Platform:
July 6, 2023 (Thursday)
Available on: HIDIVE

Episode Count / Runtime: 12 episodes

Last edited by Tony K. on Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Edjwald

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I liked this better than "Why is Raelina Still in the Duke's Mansion?" And since I watched Raelina for 12 episodes, that's probably a good sign.

Looks like we're back to isekai spell slaves with this anime, which I understand was a sensitive topic at one point, but I don't really blame the MC in these circumstances. One of the things I think this show is doing well is showing how she's simultaneously too powerful and too powerless at the same time.

I also think she's really coming across as haunted. Between the dreams and the tears and the voice acting, a real sense of anguish and determination is being effectively conveyed - for me anyway. .

That said, I do hope that this "Villainess" anime quickly fast forwards out of childhood the way that the one about all paths leading to doom did.

(Fingers crossed)
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:36 pm Reply with quote
My first and last post in this topic. The first episode was solid enough, but I have grown a bit tired of the Vaillainess theme and I gotta cut some anime from my to watch list or drown. I might pop in later on to see if this series does something to be special.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:01 pm Reply with quote
This episode had some highs and lows, but I'll keep watching for a bit more.

One thing I rolled my eyes at was that the MC finally stopped having so many emotional breakdowns, and then they introduce the captain of the knight's son and he starts emoting left and right. I guess this show is going to be all about the agonizing.

But I was glad to see the MC starting to exhibit some high quality "Final Boss" skills. That ought to stir up the pot a little bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1