• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Detective Conan Episodes Get Chinese Dub 2 Hours After Japanese Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Hope it does well enough that they can dub earlier episodes.
HikariGo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:51 am Reply with quote
It is strange that Detective Conan is popular enough in China that they will simul-dub them so quickly after the release of episodes in Japan. I wonder how early they get the episodes, that allows them to have them ready in time?

Considering how popular Detective Conan is in Asia and even a few Western countries, it is unusual that the majority of the English-speaking world ignores it. If it wasn't for some of the most dedicated fansubbers and scanlation groups in the community, it never would have been licensed by VIZ for the manga and Funimation & Crunchyroll for the anime.
skyechan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Why is the article bothering to mention FUNimation's simulcast dubs in the first place? They aren't simulcasting the new episodes of Detective Conan so why on Earth should it be in this article? If you want to spread the information about FUNimation's own simulcasts, great, but don't do it in this article that is specifically about the Chinese Conan's simuldubs. You're getting my hopes up like FUNimation suddenly licensed more Conan episodes/movies but that is most definitely not the case. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1