• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Spring 2018

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:07 am Reply with quote
Wow, almost every single show I voted got covered or continue to get weekly review treatments, cannot ask more!! Very thrilled for the next 3 months Smile

PS: I am actually super glad Magical Girl Site does not get hate watching treatments, since no reviewer (If we do, most likely our poor James) deserve to watch that pile of negative energy (the nicest way I can put it) in a weekly manner, it is literally a show that can ruin a person’s mood instead of making it.

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:10 am Reply with quote
Wait, where's the trash for weekly suffering?
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
Dangit, no Doreiku? I really wanted that show to get covered. It seemed like the kind of shows that would be fun to read a review of every week.

Anyway, I'm glad that Darling in the Franxx will keep getting reviewed, and happy that Hinamatsuri and Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online got picked up, as those are probably my favorite shows of the season. You win some, you lose some, I guess.
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 am Reply with quote
Look at Becket, after suffering trough all the trash he's rewarded with some of the biggest show of the season. Laughing

So magical girl site didn't get in... good. But that does mean that the bottom of the barrel slot is all open. Or maybe DxD will get it? Others maybe real girl? Or granchest war could just go down and reach the bottom by default.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:19 am Reply with quote
Surprised that Gegege no Kitaro and Lupin III managed to get a place.
Expected to see Magical Girl Site and Devil's Line instead.

(Not that its a bad thing tho but i guess for once there will be no hate watching this season.)
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:29 am Reply with quote
Wait, why are there some people advocating for shows to be the bottom of the barrel? Are they really just that desperate to trash a show (any one) every season simply due to it not really being appealing to them? (Sigh) Rolling Eyes

Besides that, Yay! All the shows that I voted for weekly reviews made it in. Although, I’m not sure James Beckett is the best choice to review Caligula, but whatever. Looks like Nick Creamer won’t be reviewing on ANN this season; I’m guessing that it’s because he’s too busy with other things. It’ll be interesting to see how the newcomers will fare around here (Rose Bridges and Steve Jones), so I wish them good luck. Finally, there’s this:

Quote:
Theron Martin

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
High School DxD Hero

This is gonna be good. Smile
AnimeFan617
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:32 am Reply with quote
Darn, no more coverage of BEATLESS? I liked reading Theron's weekly reviews and it's getting more fascinating to watch (if Amazon ever puts up their episodes on time).

You're weekly coverage will be missed at least by me, Theron.
Calico

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:33 am Reply with quote
Seeing the list reminds me that we don't have a surefire fun bad show this season. Maybe Caligula, since the video game it was based off of was critically panned? Admittedly, a lot of the problems people had with the game seemed to stem from systems in the game.

Also, count me in for people who're glad that Magical Girl Site didn't get a spot.

Edit:
Joshua Zarate wrote:
It’ll be interesting to see how the newcomers will fare around here (Rose Bridges and Steve Jones), so I wish them good luck.

Rose Bridges has reviewed for the site before, she was in charge of the Classicaloid and Lupin Part 4 reviews off the top of my head.

Last edited by Calico on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:34 am Reply with quote
Oh I just realized, so Pretty Derby did not get enough votes huh, quite a shame, as that show is in my on-hold list and wait to see further reactions in order to determine whether sticking around is a good idea
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:39 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I'm quite relieved that Dorei-ku wasn't picked for reviewing even though I voted for it. I'm really done with all the hate-watching/reviewing crap so having a show that looks truly unique and promising to me out of all the weekly ratings/reviews noise it's actually quite positive for me. I mean, one of the shows I enjoyed the most last season was Ito Junji collection so having it consistently trashed/at the bottom of the list wasn't a very positive experience... Rolling Eyes
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:43 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

ut that does mean that the bottom of the barrel slot is all open. Or maybe DxD will get it? .

...What? Are you not familiar with DxD's Source Material? :O
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:49 am Reply with quote
I was convinced Black Clover was gonna get dropped out of lack of intrest since it seems like I'm the only person who comments on it weekly, good to see it will stick around as the plot develops more.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:49 am Reply with quote
I'm glad Cutie Honey Universe is getting reviewed, does the reviewer have a history with the franchise?
pandoraking

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Very sad results. Gabri with basically nothing, rebecca with series i dont care and Lauren without her gundam. Im not sure if im familliar with rose & steve, but im hoping they do a good job.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Kinda surprised Magical Girl Site is so hated ... I actually enjoy the manga. There’s a place for a grimdark violence fest - it’s at least somewhat interesting of a mystery.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5