• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BanG Dream! Anime Gets 2nd, 3rd Seasons

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:08 am Reply with quote
Great news but the last article put me in a downer. Please, for the love of God, do not put the existence of the male band side of this franchise into this new anime whatsoever, not even a goddamn cameo. You got a lot more title with all boys band out there, there's no need to put that in here as well, unless of course, since fujoshi is on the rise afterall, you gotta bank in to get that sweet, sweet, juicy money. If that is so, I know what else not to look forward to in the future. Call me simple minded or ignorant, this is just my standing on this matter.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:44 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Great news but the last article put me in a downer. Please, for the love of God, do not put the existence of the male band side of this franchise into this new anime whatsoever, not even a goddamn cameo. You got a lot more title with all boys band out there, there's no need to put that in here as well, unless of course, since fujoshi is on the rise afterall, you gotta bank in to get that sweet, sweet, juicy money. If that is so, I know what else not to look forward to in the future. Call me simple minded or ignorant, this is just my standing on this matter.
Guess you missed my post on the other thread https://mobile.twitter.com/kidanit/status/995150781887074304 they are completely separate.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:45 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:

You're not alone with that, not even the minority.
These multiple milking franchises always lose a huge chunk of their core audience when they start to branch out like these, especially since the card game players rarely mind it as much.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:43 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:

Lol at people crying "DONT TARNISH MUH FRANCHISE", when this entire franchise is just a Love Live rip-off.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:55 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Afezeria wrote:

You're not alone with that, not even the minority.
These multiple milking franchises always lose a huge chunk of their core audience when they start to branch out like these, especially since the card game players rarely mind it as much.

I wish I can be happy with this news but that last article is making me sick to my stomach. I have been a BanG Dream fan for almost two years and I cannot believe this franchise would do such a disgraceful backstabbing Little Witch Academia-tier move. This is just is not right. To be brutally honest, I hope the boy band's first concert will be a huge disaster so this worthless project can go away.

Ermat_46 wrote:
Lol at people crying "DONT TARNISH MUH FRANCHISE", when this entire franchise is just a Love Live rip-off.

Funny thing is that BanG Dream is nothing more than an Idolm@ster rip-off now. :^)
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:31 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Afezeria wrote:

I'm sorry but ..... what? Do you think Love Live is the first Idol anime franchise or something? BanG Dream at least tried something different by giving them real instruments to play (which they do a fantastic job of in live concerts).
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:32 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:

Ermat_46 wrote:

Funny thing is that BanG Dream is nothing more than an Idolm@ster rip-off now. :^)

As long as it's not a Wake Up Girls rip-off. I'm fine with calling BanG anything but that.

I liked the first season but I'm not too sure about trying to stretch these characters out for not only another 12 but 24. Seriously, don't these guys know that it's a second season and then a movie?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:35 am Reply with quote
I never watched S1 but I followed the music and twitter recommended the game to be me last night which I only really tried because of the BUMP OF CHICKEN covers. It's pretty solid. I'll give the anime another shot. But I am curious about who will replace Yurika Endou. Easily the best member of the franchise but with her retirement, this franchise will forever make me feel sad since it will remind me of her.
Wtv

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:53 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:

The series' director himself said he doesn't want males in the main franchise, with the girls' fathers being the exception.

John Hayabusa wrote:

I wish I can be happy with this news but that last article is making me sick to my stomach. I have been a BanG Dream fan for almost two years and I cannot believe this franchise would do such a disgraceful backstabbing Little Witch Academia-tier move. This is just is not right. To be brutally honest, I hope the boy band's first concert will be a huge disaster so this worthless project can go away.

Seriously, what's your problem? Try using common sense.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:58 am Reply with quote
Wtv wrote:
The series' director himself said he doesn't want males in the main franchise, with the girls' fathers being the exception.

Seriously, what's your problem? Try using common sense.

Oh it is you again. BanG Dream is no longer a yuri-friendly environment. Just another indication of Japan's overall attitude for yuri and its fans. Yuri was not enough so they went fujobait just to get more money. I bet Yuniko is feeling disappointed with this.

Last edited by John Hayabusa on Sat May 12, 2018 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Wtv

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:04 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:

Oh it is you again. BanG Dream is no longer a yuri-friendly environment. Just another indication of Japan's overall attitude for yuri and its fans. I bet Yunico is feeling disappointed with this.

https://twitter.com/unicococ/status/995286345156182017
Don't know, she looks pretty happy to me.
Have you forgotten that she wrote SideM anime and is making a fujo manga right now?
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:09 am Reply with quote
Wtv wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:

Oh it is you again. BanG Dream is no longer a yuri-friendly environment. Just another indication of Japan's overall attitude for yuri and its fans. Yuri was not enough so they went fujobait just to get more money. I bet Yuniko is feeling disappointed with this.

https://twitter.com/unicococ/status/995286345156182017
Don't know, she looks pretty happy to me.
Have you forgotten that she wrote SideM anime and is making a fujo manga right now?

Thanks for proving my point.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:15 am Reply with quote
I see my Yukina-chan! Love that girl <3
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
Two whole seasons greenlit at once!!! I've been blessed beyond all imagining. 2019 CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH.

John Hayabusa wrote:
BanG Dream is no longer a yuri-friendly environment. Just another indication of Japan's overall attitude for yuri and its fans. Yuri was not enough so they went fujobait just to get more money. I bet Yuniko is feeling disappointed with this.

If you genuinely think the presence of any men whatsoever is going to stop shippers then I don't think you know a whole lot about yuri, my dude.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:07 am Reply with quote
Kind of wondering how this dribble gets 2 more season when it was so generic and easily forgettable
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2