• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Student Group Crowdfunds 'Kūchū Gunkan Atlantis' Independent Anime for Theatrical Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Eh...the Daicon vids had ideas that were at the forefront of what was being done in Japan at the time. All I see in those clips are a collection of cliches, some of which might well be older than those students' parents. Good for them for trying, though.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:17 pm Reply with quote
I like the style but the robot design is very ... underwhelming. Just a very normal robot, really.

The inherent potential of students starting up an anime studio is awesome, though.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Woah, I'm digging the old-school style.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:03 pm Reply with quote
You know what, I can applaud their efforts here and all, especially when they're students and everything, but goddamit if such a terribly classic (not in a good way) and boring tales of boy meet girl and the whole damsel in distress stuff is so old right now. Guess it could've still be made into a good plot if done right but I'm not sure how else they could tweak such a generic storyline component into something enjoyable and new in this day and age. The robot also looks very ordinary but they're probably trying to pay homage to old mecha shows.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I’m definitely interested in this. That rocket thruster scene reminded me of Uchūgun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1