• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Evangelion TV Anime's Opening Song Gets HD Music Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Way to start depressing. Kaworu's head... Shocked
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I rather have Japan allow the west to re-release the TV series already. Its so stupid that the TV series isnt allowed to be sold right now because of the rebuild movie series that take forever to be released.....
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:32 pm Reply with quote
A "re-upload" of an old AMV that was uploaded over a decade ago, only in HD and in widescreen.
Weird Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 pm Reply with quote
this opening will always be a source of memes... Very Happy
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:02 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
I rather have Japan allow the west to re-release the TV series already. Its so stupid that the TV series isnt allowed to be sold right now because of the rebuild movie series that take forever to be released.....

Where was that mentioned? I think people need to stop spotting stuff out of their mouths and find out if that’s true first. I’be heard this multiple times but have never seen proof of it.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quote
ARC-1300 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

Where was that mentioned? I think people need to stop spotting stuff out of their mouths and find out if that’s true first. I’be heard this multiple times but have never seen proof of it.
Madman, that handles the Australian release of it before, responded to my question about a year ago on twitter. They said Japan doesnt allow it to be released right now because of the movies. So dont assume im taking bs or I make stuff up. I actually find out myself before i post something.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Contrary to popular belief, if you really want to own Eva, used copies of the DVD boxset are not difficult to find on eBay nor are they really not that expensive.
Kakorat859

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I think this discussion gives more evidence to the fact that Hideaki Anno and his team need to get off their ass and release the 4th movie. I mean, what is this? Redline?
loveliver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, if you really want to own Eva, used copies of the DVD boxset are not difficult to find on eBay nor are they really not that expensive.

Well, we would love to have the Blu-rays anyway.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Madman, that handles the Australian release of it before, responded to my question about a year ago on twitter. They said Japan doesnt allow it to be released right now because of the movies. So dont assume im taking bs or I make stuff up. I actually find out myself before i post something.

Is this a gaijins only thing or something? There's a Blu-ray box set that was released years ago in Japan.
aodmisery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
they seriously need to stop calling it the evangelion store. i been there and its not a store at all. Well technically it is a store but for clothes ( kinda like a macys) and it the back corner they have a little section where they have all the eva merchandise. and its not alot.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
My primary thought is whoever licenses the Evangelion series (whenever this happens), they better get the End of Eva movie with it, the series is just incomplete without it.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:29 pm Reply with quote
That's a lot of interlacing. Hope the eventual BD looks better.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:54 am Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:

Is this a gaijins only thing or something? There's a Blu-ray box set that was released years ago in Japan.

The most recent DVD release for the TV series was released 10 years ago, and it has never been released on BD in the US (I can't speak for Australia or elsewhere). If you didn't pick it up back when it was in print, a used set will still set you back $100-$200+ depending on the edition. People would just like for it to be in print again. Bonus points for BD or legally streaming, too.
Marzan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:36 am Reply with quote
Remember my first watch of this back in the day on used bootleg VHS tapes. I'd never seen anything like it before and couldn't concentrate for days out of the excitement. Good times
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2