• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2018: Overlord III Premiere Report

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:44 pm Reply with quote
So the later half volume 8 is adapted in the first episode,figured on that,and another drama CD is adapted,so a bonus.

Hmm my guess episode 2 should start with volume 7 and before the start of vol 9 we'll see the first half of volume 8.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
So the later half volume 8 is adapted in the first episode,figured on that,and another drama CD is adapted,so a bonus.

Hmm my guess episode 2 should start with volume 7 and before the start of vol 9 we'll see the first half of volume 8.

Nothing from the Drama Cds was animated, Also the first 5 ep are all for vol 8, vol 7-9 will be after as they go hand in hand.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:

Nothing from the Drama Cds was animated, Also the first 5 ep are all for vol 8, vol 7-9 will be after as they go hand in hand.

Hahahaha, no way.
That would be a terrible idea. Volume 8's content is so much easier to adapt than any other content thus far (2 Side Stories from before volume 5), it would take 3 episodes max to get everything important presented in a proper pacing (If they really try, they can do it in 2, rushing just a tad bit some things).

This is finally their opportunity to adapt without rushing through important content nor ruining the storytelling (as usual) both Volume 7 and 9 in a higher number of episodes.

The director seem to be very aware of the time constraint issues they had thus far. As if they would be stupid enough not to dedicate much more time for 2 sole volumes for once, when they will finally have a opportunity to do so thanks to Volume 8's content lol

The book may have 400+ pages, but it's one rare example of trimmable book in the series in terms of significant content. Dedicate 5 episodes to it would be the death of yet another 2 whole arcs, most likely.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:05 pm Reply with quote
@danpmss

Agreed

At this point perhaps at most single episode devoted to the 8th's first half,as it seems episode one covers the second half.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:52 am Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:

Hahahaha, no way.
That would be a terrible idea. Volume 8's content is so much easier to adapt than any other content thus far (2 Side Stories from before volume 5), it would take 3 episodes max to get everything important presented in a proper pacing (If they really try, they can do it in 2, rushing just a tad bit some things).

This is finally their opportunity to adapt without rushing through important content nor ruining the storytelling (as usual) both Volume 7 and 9 in a higher number of episodes.

The director seem to be very aware of the time constraint issues they had thus far. As if they would be stupid enough not to dedicate much more time for 2 sole volumes for once, when they will finally have a opportunity to do so thanks to Volume 8's content lol

The book may have 400+ pages, but it's one rare example of trimmable book in the series in terms of significant content. Dedicate 5 episodes to it would be the death of yet another 2 whole arcs, most likely.

https://www.reddit.com/r/overlord/comments/8wl3tw/so_volume_8_will_take_45_ep/?st=JJBWDCW4&sh=bc2cdcfa

Don't you ever laugh at me.

Hope this crushes you for that remark.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:50 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

Just watched the episode for myself.
The episode began with a shortened prologue from vol 7,with the rest of the episode covering pretty much the entire second half of volume 8.

Hard to see them stretching the first half of volume 8 into four more episodes,and mind I enjoy Enri' character,with Beta being my favorite maid.

Last edited by Nordhmmer on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:
How did you come up with weird names like Peroroncino and Touch Me?

Maruyama: I have no idea. They just come to me.

How? When you're feeling silly? XD
Toonces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Won't be able to watch until tonight, but this sounds so good.

Quote:
Well then, who is "best girl"?

Maruyama: That would be Renner the Golden Princess, because she's the most absolutely messed up in the head.

Itou: Well to be fair, that's all of them! They have to all be Best Girl for me as well, because they're all completely crazy in some way.

Can we expect to see more of Evileye in future volumes? And will Hamsuke ever find a mate?

Maruyama: You will definitely see more of Evileye in the future. But as for Hamsuke, it is hopeless. No way.

These were hilarious. The Hamsuke thing in particular cracked me up.

Also, I agree that the dub is great. I think it's one of Funi's best dubs currently.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Mmm can't wait for season 3, I'm happy the CR added this to their list of series and then we immediately got a season II.
danpmss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
danpmss wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:

Hahahaha, no way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/overlord/comments/8wl3tw/so_volume_8_will_take_45_ep/?st=JJBWDCW4&sh=bc2cdcfa

Don't you ever laugh at me.

Hope this crushes you for that remark.

I mean, I still find laughable at best, if that IS it lol
After all, this just further confirms my remark, what is there exactly to crush me when my point was made? Laughing

That would just mean they still are terrible decision makers, the comments in that thread should give you proof enough about how everyone feel the same if that really is the case.

Too bad for everyone we are most likely getting yet another subpar adaptation for the book series because of that, however.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I notice no mention of the audible *gasp* heard just as the dub started.. lol
I would have passed on this if I had known it was a dub premiere. But it was pretty obvious if you think back on it.. After the premiere we walked out.. so if there was any dub banter Q&A I was not interested.

The room that the Premiere was in was huge.. and they did fill it.. so good for Overlord.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1