Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Summer 2018, Aug 19-25




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ultimatehaki



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 908
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:06 pm Reply with quote
No surprise MHA plummeted to the bottom this week, that was such a disappointing episode and overall situation. Who the hell was the genius who thought of playing a filler episode right in the MIDDLE of the arc, there's no need for filler in the first place! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 926
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame people can't appreciate a good anime orignal episode these days. Since it was either this or no episode, I really enjoyed what we got. The comedy was on point. I personnally hope we get more original episodes personnally. I enjoyed these and the OVAs a bunch. More fun episodes with the cast of the series I love so much will always be appreciated.

Also nice to see BC rise so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angelmcazares
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4120
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but no MHA filler for me. Episode 58 was kind of dumb and boring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
AyaUcchi



Joined: 29 Aug 2018
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Damnit, Starlight deserved first place over Isekai Maou! but oh well 2nd place isn't bad either for how underrated the anime is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S0crates
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 06 Jul 2018
Posts: 166
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Another week, another "There's no ace shows this season so we'll shuffle them all around seemingly at random"-scenario.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angelmcazares
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4120
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:11 pm Reply with quote
AyaUcchi wrote:
Damnit, Starlight deserved first place over Isekai Maou! but oh well 2nd place isn't bad either for how underrated the anime is.

Scroll down the page, and you will see that Revue Starlight is #6 and How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord is #15 in the cumulative, which should be the more important of the 2 rankings at the end of the day.

And Revue Starlight is not underrated; it is properly rated. A niche show in the top 10 is always a win in my book.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3096
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:50 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
AyaUcchi wrote:
Damnit, Starlight deserved first place over Isekai Maou! but oh well 2nd place isn't bad either for how underrated the anime is.

Scroll down the page, and you will see that Revue Starlight is #6 and How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord is #15 in the cumulative, which should be the more important of the 2 rankings at the end of the day.
I think they were referring to this weeks episode
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Chocolate with Nuts



Joined: 27 Aug 2018
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:57 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
No surprise MHA plummeted to the bottom this week, that was such a disappointing episode and overall situation. Who the hell was the genius who thought of playing a filler episode right in the MIDDLE of the arc, there's no need for filler in the first place! Evil or Very Mad

It was either a filler that week or no episode at all. Anyone who's been keeping up would realize for what purpose they decide to air an episode that week and as usual there's an overreaction over what is essentially a silly little breather episode before the finale this week. Not that it matters since it paid off and scored the second highest rated episode of the series thus far beating out One Piece and Kitaro.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ultimatehaki



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 908
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Chocolate with Nuts wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:
No surprise MHA plummeted to the bottom this week, that was such a disappointing episode and overall situation. Who the hell was the genius who thought of playing a filler episode right in the MIDDLE of the arc, there's no need for filler in the first place! Evil or Very Mad

It was either a filler that week or no episode at all. Anyone who's been keeping up would realize for what purpose they decide to air an episode that week and as usual there's an overreaction over what is essentially a silly little breather episode before the finale this week. Not that it matters since it paid off and scored the second highest rated episode of the series thus far beating out One Piece and Kitaro.


No episode would be fine. Even preferred compared to breaking the continuity of the arc for literally no reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 926
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Chocolate with Nuts wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:
No surprise MHA plummeted to the bottom this week, that was such a disappointing episode and overall situation. Who the hell was the genius who thought of playing a filler episode right in the MIDDLE of the arc, there's no need for filler in the first place! Evil or Very Mad

It was either a filler that week or no episode at all. Anyone who's been keeping up would realize for what purpose they decide to air an episode that week and as usual there's an overreaction over what is essentially a silly little breather episode before the finale this week. Not that it matters since it paid off and scored the second highest rated episode of the series thus far beating out One Piece and Kitaro.

Yea this special beating all these big rankers was a nice surprise.

Outside of here, the episode seemed to have been mostly well received from looking around at different forums, like Crunchyroll, and social media. Anime orignals will always be divisive though, shame since they are great when done well. I blame Naruto.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killjoy_the



Joined: 30 May 2015
Posts: 1755
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
It's a shame people can't appreciate a good anime orignal episode these days.


But I liked the episode Yaoyorozu got, and the Tsuyu one way back, just not this one. Honestly, from the things I've been watching (I only dropped one show this season) it was the worst episode of the season imo.

I'm glad that there are people who liked it though - the episode's done and released, being negative about it isn't gonna do much now, and the other anime originals were fine. As long as the next originals aren't also commercials they're probably going to be fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AyaUcchi



Joined: 29 Aug 2018
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:05 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
AyaUcchi wrote:
Damnit, Starlight deserved first place over Isekai Maou! but oh well 2nd place isn't bad either for how underrated the anime is.

Scroll down the page, and you will see that Revue Starlight is #6 and How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord is #15 in the cumulative, which should be the more important of the 2 rankings at the end of the day.

And Revue Starlight is not underrated; it is properly rated. A niche show in the top 10 is always a win in my book.


Yeah, I know it's prolly rated fine here, but on MAL it's kinda low, also about less than 20k people even watched it which is really low :s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BodaciousSpacePirate
It's Over 9000!It's Over 9000!


Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Posts: 2482
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:23 am Reply with quote
AyaUcchi wrote:
Yeah, I know it's prolly rated fine here, but on MAL it's kinda low, also about less than 20k people even watched it which is really low :s


MAL viewership numbers aren't really that representative of overall English-speaking audiences. For example, Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei was never offically licensed outside of Japan, but it has a dramatically higher MAL viewership count than several of the Gundam shows that aired on US television. For that reason, I usually only use the site to get an idea of the preferences of people who are so into seasonal anime that they'd even want to catalogue and rate every single show they've seen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group