• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Eminem's 'Good Guy' Track Samples from Kingdom Hearts...or Tokyo Ghoul?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
but once again, Donna Burke sings that song and she isn't credited on the album.

This is irrelevant. She's just a singer. She doesn't get credit for anything else regarding the song, so she doesn't need to be credited if someone samples the instrumental track. If it had her singing voice, then yeah she'd get credited but that doesn't seem to be the case here (and that would make it really easy to know which song he actually sampled).
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:33 pm Reply with quote
The background track sounds like it has (heavily filtered) vocalization to it, but I really couldn't say for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I see. My bad if it's true, I couldn't hear anything. Either way, fairly interesting. At least they seemed to have tried to credit whoever they needed to. At least, I want to assume they credited the right people but named the wrong franchise lol.
zeopower6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I imagine they may have seen like some kind of AMV or something using the song and are misattributing it?
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:26 pm Reply with quote
If they sampled the song beyond recognition, why even sample in the first place? Better off creating something original.

Nobody seems to know for sure what the sampled song is anyways.
Angel Investor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:18 am Reply with quote
The beat loop has a decent chord progression going for it, but the drum sound is really weak and the constant female vocals are very distracting. As for the lyrics, I miss Eminem's dark and absurd humor in his earlier stuff. Nowadays he just sounds bitter and tired all the time.
By the way, I saw another website reporting that the sampled song is Simple and Clean, but I really don't hear the resemblance at all.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Considering you have to pay for sampling, and how crazy licensing music is in Japan, I seriously doubt they do not know the exact song they sampled.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1