• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Erased [Hardcover] GN 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't even realized Yen had licensed this, until I saw a solicitation for volume 5, and I was like "wait, what?!" It's sitting next to me from the library (can't afford to buy it quite yet), I can't wait to read it.

I do have to say, though, I prefer the title translation as "The Town Where Only I am Missing" (or "Only I am Erased"), because it emphasizes that things have happened because of the one person who's gone.
GVentola

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested in checking this out. I have seen the anime, and also a live action version which Netflix streams. (As far as I know, this live action TV series was also made in Japan, but is dubbed in English.) Both were very good and worthwhile. They started out similar, but ended up with some different scenarios, but that just made it more interesting than watching the exact same thing over again. But in the end, they told the same basic, thoughtful, touching story.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:18 am Reply with quote
Out of the 3 (anime,live action, manga) the Manga (source) was the best telling.
The anime cuts out the entire final story arc at the campgrounds.. while the live action does not.

Regardless great series.. I need to pick up vol 5.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:42 am Reply with quote
While the live action does have to trim down some things, it is a highly faithful adaptation of the manga. The anime, on the other hand... yeah, it was good until they realized at episode 10 that they didn't have time for the entire climax of the story, and had to cut out most of the villain's background/motive and make a new climax.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1