• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Libra of Nil Admirari—Episodes 1-12 streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this show, from OP to ED, and everything in between. Was it a masterpiece? Hell no. But did it make me happy while I watched it despite it's downright dark story? Yes. And thats what matters to me. It made me happy each and every week to watch this one. As a lover of good OPs, EDs, bishounen, and seiyuus, on top of a decent story about books, yes. I recommend this one.
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:51 am Reply with quote
I watched some of this last night and what I've seen so far is really good, I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it.
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, going by the two comments here, I'm looking forward to the show.

I'm glad the game is coming to the Switch.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Thirty years ago, Shoko didn't have that chance, and was trapped behind Charlotte Perkins Gilman's wallpaper.

I laughed so hard at this! Wasn't expecting to see that reference.

Anyway, this show was a nice change of pace from the lighthearted otome shows. Not that those shows are bad, it's just you don't get an otome series where the story is a highlight very often. Tsugumu wasn't the best lead ever, but she definitely had some steel in her. As for the guys, Rui was my favorite.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:18 pm Reply with quote
manapear wrote:

Uggg, I still need to get me a Switch, and knowing this is gonna be available, makes me want one even more!

phia_one wrote:
As for the guys, Rui was my favorite.

Rui was really great, I agree. I think Akira was my absolute favorite overall, but Rui, Hayato (being voiced by Yuuki Kaji might have influenced this tad bit...not gonna lie...), and after he chilled out a bit, Ukai, are my next favorites. The bishounen are very prevalent in this one. And that ED...'Black Thunder' is awesome...lyrics and visuals combined... Embarassed
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Time Bandit wrote:
manapear wrote:

Uggg, I still need to get me a Switch, and knowing this is gonna be available, makes me want one even more!

I think the Switch is a great buy, especially as it's getting more and more games. But buying a new console always means spending a lot. Fortunately, there's a number of otome games coming to Switch, and not just by IF.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:58 pm Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
I think the Switch is a great buy, especially as it's getting more and more games. But buying a new console always means spending a lot. Fortunately, there's a number of otome games coming to Switch, and not just by IF.

And this is why I want one! It keeps getting more and more games that I want, and not just otome games (although that is a HUGE selling point for me), but I REALLY wanna play Zelda Crying or Very sad

But yeah. It is a lot of money up front, and I am poor, lol. I'm going to get one eventually, it's just gonna take a while...and that sucks. First world problems, amirite? Rolling Eyes Still, I can't wait to get the Libra of Nil game when I buy my Switch...probably gonna be one of the first I get (but not before Zelda...).
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:14 am Reply with quote
I'm almost halfway through this anime and I love it, Hayato is my favourite but I admit I love most of the characters. It's nice for a change not to have an irritating female protagonist.

I can't wait for find out who will be dubbing this.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:07 am Reply with quote
pirateaddict wrote:
It's nice for a change not to have an irritating female protagonist..

I know right?! If you like this one, check out Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits, if you havn't already...Aoi is one hell of a female protagonist!
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 am Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:

I laughed so hard at this! Wasn't expecting to see that reference.

English Prof, here to make your day with random literary references when you least expect them! Very Happy

Time Bandit wrote:
I know right?! If you like this one, check out Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits, if you havn't already...Aoi is one hell of a female protagonist!

Emphatically seconded! Even if you aren't a yokai fan, it's more than worth checking out.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:42 am Reply with quote
Since I checked the Wikipedia page for the game to try to learn a bit more initially, I know that the anime plays out differently, but I'm curious about the ending. The anime's ending seemed primed for a sequel hook, are there plans for another game, or was that original? Or even hinting at an alternate route, perhaps?
zztop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:22 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Since I checked the Wikipedia page for the game to try to learn a bit more initially, I know that the anime plays out differently, but I'm curious about the ending. The anime's ending seemed primed for a sequel hook, are there plans for another game, or was that original? Or even hinting at an alternate route, perhaps?

A direct sequel to the Nil Admirari game, Kuroyuri Enyoutan, was released about a year after the 1st.

Taking place 1 year after the 1st, the game brings back all the old cast while introducing a few new characters, such as the purple eyed boy Shiginuma meets aboard the ship.

Reviews say its plot is much better than the first.
https://miyumint.com/2017/12/31/otome-game-review-nil-admirari-no-tenbin-kuroyuri-enyoutan/

The sequel's routes can be considered an expansion of the romances of the first game's character routes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1