• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Summer 2018, Sep 16-22

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AyaUcchi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Damnit 3rd second rank again on the episodes ranking.
Also finally fourth rank in the cumulative ranking! Maybe Revue can get third on the final episode?!!
S0crates

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit it that this season probably wasn't as good compared to the two previous ones, especially the winter season. I think we've also been quite spoiled as those seasons where quite amazing within almost every single genre as well. However, the final season of the year seem to look very promising as well, so I'm looking forward to it!
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 am Reply with quote
Lupin did better than I expected, considering it had a few bad filler episodes, but it also seemed like it would work as a final series.
Fred Lougee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:40 pm Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
Lupin did better than I expected, considering it had a few bad filler episodes, but it also seemed like it would work as a final series.

A bad filler episode of Lupin > a "good" episode of most of the shows running this Summer season.
RangerDanger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Fred Lougee wrote:
writerpatrick wrote:

A bad filler episode of Lupin > a "good" episode of most of the shows running this Summer season.

Comparing different genres like that never works out well, but that’s none of my business.

*sips tea*
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quote
None of Lupin’s “filler episodes” were even remotely bad in my opinion. Some added much needed levity to contrast from the darker main plots, and others such as a the Jigen-centric episode were great character focused adventures. And even so, there were a minor amount of standalone episodes anyway. And the main arcs were really that strong.

I’m so glad it hit the top spot for the season! As one of the best entries in the series to date, it’s definitely earned it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1