• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Planet With Creator Satoshi Mizukami Answers Fan Questions

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I would like to know why the writers didn't have Sōya and Ginko kiss in the end.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:23 am Reply with quote
^Eh, those two were never in love that way.

Quote:
Q. Why can the Generalissimo only be understood with an interpreter? Also, how are the levels for telepaths decided?

A. There's a long explanation behind all of this, but to put it simply: I have no idea. I just put that in because it was interesting.

This made me laugh. Honestly, it didn't matter why; it was quirky and funny and that's all it needed to be.

Quote:
Q. Why was Sensei looking up the skirt of the Samidare figure in episode 1?

A. Academic interest.

Those who have read Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer will also know this is something of a meta joke; the protags of the manga have a short (tongue-in-cheek) discussion about doing this, and those figures Sensei was checking out in the anime were of Biscuit Hammer's heroines!

Last edited by Gurren Rodan on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
tootbrush

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:29 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I would like to know why the writers didn't have Sōya and Ginko kiss in the end.

Uh, why would they? Souya considers Ginko his sister and his girlfriend is Nozomi.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:19 am Reply with quote
tootbrush wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Uh, why would they? Souya considers Ginko his sister and his girlfriend is Nozomi.

It's a case of the "lead guy should be main lead girl"-ship that I am a fan of. Also, because on occasion, the lead girl and lead guy are reunited at the end of the final anime epi. or manga chapter.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:30 am Reply with quote
I just saw this on the official Planet With site not too long ago. I liked finding out about the character's ages, but most importantly it gave an actual reason as to why Azrabarakura stayed behind. The show was rather cryptic about it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:52 am Reply with quote
When a character's age is confirmed by the creator, you should not question it unless in-story events contradict the claims, which sometimes happens).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1