• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MYTH&ROID Return for Saga of Tanya the Evil Film's Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:29 am Reply with quote
There are people that are so delusional and have such an inferiority complex, they imagine that "God" hates them and is messing with them. You have morning shower ninjas fantasies where you beat up your highschool bully? This person daydreams about beating up God and screaming in their face that their world sucks.

And they wrote an Anime about it. About beating God. Unlike No Game No Life, they don't get a dangerous yet sexytime Gaming World to beat God in. No. This time, the wouldbe "God" character, or "Being X" as it were, is NOT their friend. Being X is being petty. Being X wants an act of contrition.

: )

God I love this show. Or, Being X as it were.

TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 am Reply with quote
I also love this show, in fact it is my all time favorite anime. Number 1 on my top 10 list. I am so looking forward to the movie coming over here. I really like how Tanya goes aganst all odds that being x puts against her and still struggles to stay alive against an ego mania of a god and an enemy in the real world
Zof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:34 am Reply with quote
TanyaTheEvil wrote:
I also love this show, in fact it is my all time favorite anime. Number 1 on my top 10 list. I am so looking forward to the movie coming over here. I really like how Tanya goes aganst all odds that being x puts against her and still struggles to stay alive against an ego mania of a god and an enemy in the real world

I can rewatch Tanya warning the town she's going to attack it 100 times and still start laughing. The premise is absolutely brilliant, and rendered the same.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:45 am Reply with quote
Absolutely right, I have watch the ending of episode 12 where Tanya is literally spitting in the face of being x and every time i get goose bumps. I must have watch it at least 10 or more times
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:54 am Reply with quote
side note. I looked up the band name to see it's supposed to be a mix of Myth and Android... but has anyone told them that when it's written with no spaces it looks like "MY THYROID"?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:55 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
side note. I looked up the band name to see it's supposed to be a mix of Myth and Android... but has anyone told them that when it's written with no spaces it looks like "MY THYROID"?

I would make it an important point to listen to the music of a band named that, so that's ok.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind if they would keep JINGO JUNGLE, but I don't see that happening.
timber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:39 pm Reply with quote
TanyaTheEvil wrote:

I wouldn't say my all time favourite but it still is a very good show. It's always a pleasure and a good laugh to see all of Tanya's attempts to secure a path to a more secure life leads her to a more dangerous one.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quote
timber wrote:
TanyaTheEvil wrote:

I wouldn't say my all time favourite but it still is a very good show. It's always a pleasure and a good laugh to see all of Tanya's attempts to secure a path to a more secure life leads her to a more dangerous one.

Right on
SomeGuyNamedJason

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Zof wrote:
There are people that are so delusional and have such an inferiority complex, they imagine that "God" hates them and is messing with them. You have morning shower ninjas fantasies where you beat up your highschool bully? This person daydreams about beating up God and screaming in their face that their world sucks.

And they wrote an Anime about it. About beating God. Unlike No Game No Life, they don't get a dangerous yet sexytime Gaming World to beat God in. No. This time, the wouldbe "God" character, or "Being X" as it were, is NOT their friend. Being X is being petty. Being X wants an act of contrition.

The way you put that is a bit wrong. Salaryman did not hate his life or God, it was God that hated him (or rather, hated his lack of belief). Salaryman was perfectly content in his life and didn't believe God even existed, and God is taking his frustration at the world's lack of belief in Him out on Salaryman. Salaryman doesn't hate Being X because his life sucked, he hates him because of what Being X is doing to him now and refuses to let himself be bullied into believing in a God that didn't actually seem to help the world and that he felt was unnecessary for accomplishing the things he wanted to do.
Zof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:16 pm Reply with quote
SomeGuyNamedJason wrote:
Zof wrote:

The way you put that is a bit wrong. Salaryman did not hate his life or God, it was God that hated him (or rather, hated his lack of belief). Salaryman was perfectly content in his life and didn't believe God even existed, and God is taking his frustration at the world's lack of belief in Him out on Salaryman. Salaryman doesn't hate Being X because his life sucked, he hates him because of what Being X is doing to him now and refuses to let himself be bullied into believing in a God that didn't actually seem to help the world and that he felt was unnecessary for accomplishing the things he wanted to do.

Oh, no I nailed it. I'm talking about the mental state of the kind of person that fantasizes about beating God. I'm making crappy statements about the author, not a character. But at the same time, I'm not trying to sound crappy. It's a brilliant concept, rendered amazingly well. I love NGNL, but in a very different way. Tanya is someone exorcizing demons, or at least it feels that way to me. And we are lucky enough to witness it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1