• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal Game Launches in January for PS4, PC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Just recently cancelled my pre-order because of the censorship. I don't really need the "intimacy mode", but I don't want to support the precedent Sony is trying to set.
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Eventually I would buy the cheaper physical release and most likely not get the dlc's this time.

Quote:
Just recently cancelled my pre-order because of the censorship. I don't really need the "intimacy mode", but I don't want to support the precedent Sony is trying to set.

That is exactly how I feel. I'm not that excited for this release anymore,
Gizmo1206

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:33 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

well you could always get the pc version since its not censored which i was going to get it on ps4 but after that announcement ill be getting the pc version
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:59 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

You could always buy the Nintendo Switch version of game which still has intimacy mode. You buying the PS4 version has little to do with supporting Sony since they're neither publishing or developing the game.

I do wish people who say things like this reconcile how illogical such stances are.
Pandsu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Seem like you didn't fully think your logic through, either. Of course it makes a difference for Sony whether or not people buy, and thus support, the PS4 version. First of all, the platform holder gets a pretty big cut of all sales of anything sold on their platform (both physical and digital) and second of all it raises the value of their platform in general for obvious reasons.
It also sends a pretty clear message to Sony if the same, but censored, version of a game sells badly on their platform but decently, or even well, on other platforms.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Pandsu wrote:
Seem like you didn't fully think your logic through, either. Of course it makes a difference for Sony whether or not people buy, and thus support, the PS4 version. First of all, the platform holder gets a pretty big cut of all sales of anything sold on their platform (both physical and digital) and second of all it raises the value of their platform in general for obvious reasons.

Mmmmm-hmmmmm and explain to me how big the sales of Shinovi Versus, Bon Appetit, Estival Versus, and Peach Splash were?

Yes they get a cut but given how niche these games are I gurantee you their cut is smaller than what Sony sees off of COD or Madden since obviously more people are buying those games. Regardless Marvelous and XSeed stand to profit off of sales of any of the Senran Kagura games released on Sony's platforms more than Sony does.

Pandsu wrote:
It also sends a pretty clear message to Sony if the same, but censored,
version of a game sells badly on their platform but decently, or even well, on other platforms.

A message that very obviously will be ignored also be aware of the fact you're not only sending a message to Sony but also to XSeed and Marvelous as well.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the message that Sony ain’t worth the hassle.

Stop soapboxing for the big company. They don’t need the help. This is why Bethesda was able to get away with Fallout 76, when apologists and the gaming “press” shamed anyone looking into pursuing a false advertisement claim as manchildren.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1