• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Why the hell are you here, Teacher!?' Anime Reveals New Visual, 2 More Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizuka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:59 am Reply with quote
This premise sounds like it could sustain about a three minute sketch. I have no clue how a show of this is supposed to work.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:25 am Reply with quote
Wow, looks so so original and esquisite. Surely there's nothing else out there that resembles this show, nothing at all.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:59 am Reply with quote
As always, the first to comment are those who don't give a fudge about the series xD
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh, wow! I didn't even know this was getting an anime. A surprise, but very much welcome.
I_Drive_DSM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Lizuka wrote:
This premise sounds like it could sustain about a three minute sketch. I have no clue how a show of this is supposed to work.

That's effectively what the manga is; each chapter is basically a short comedy sketch of sorts.

I could see a particular chapter stretched to ~5 minutes and four "chapters" per episode. The manga is just about there in terms of material so if this is planned to be a 12 episode series it would have enough material to mirror the manga.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:22 pm Reply with quote
This kind of sex comedy anime is just some of my favorite. Also including a "forbidden love" plot just adds up.

Lets hope for a full episode, but looks like more for a 5 min short.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:26 pm Reply with quote
She's my type, so I'm tempted to watch based on that. These types of shows don't tend to provide much entertainment unless they go extremely over-the-top though.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Always had an issue understanding the manga continuity. Perhaps that is why people are saying this is just a 5 min sketch each.

This is on my list for watching.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't have much interest in this, but the teacher is like super hot. Might check it out just for that reason.
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:47 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Always had an issue understanding the manga continuity. Perhaps that is why people are saying this is just a 5 min sketch each.

This is on my list for watching.

I found the biggest issue was the original five oneshot chapters being essentially a different continuity from the rest of the series. From what I'm reading in the synopsis though, they may be trying to merge both continuities?
Fred Lougee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Oh, wow! I didn't even know this was getting an anime. A surprise, but very much welcome.

I had heard a few weeks ago that it could be and was somewhat doubtful they would actually do it because it is completely unlike anything playing in the anime scene now or in recent memory. R rated physical comedy, slapstick, if you will, as the entire point of the show. At least To LOVE Ru tried to pretend it still had a plot as it devolved in the latter series into not much more than the female characters getting into embarrassing situations. There's no such pretense here. Nande Koko ni Sensei ga? is pretty much just about Kojima-sensei winding up in compromising positions.
Gohanangered

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Was kinda surprised when i heard this getting a anime. Especially since how ecchi stuff gets. But some anime i've seen the last few years has kinda made me not think that at all. I could name a few off the top that push the boundries quite a bit. So i'm guessing they feel the time is right to do something like this since stuff has softened up in general. Also i enjoy the first part in the manga the most. Even though the later stuff has it's charm. Also liked how the first part concluded.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1