• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 13-Year-Old Manga Artist Makes Debut in Bessatsu Margaret Magazine

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quote
If the image pictured is her art she leaps and bounds better than most of these 13 year old debuts you see mentioned every now and then.
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
What was I doing at thirteen years old again? Oh right, jacking off to doujinshi on Fakku before the entire site was hidden behind a paywall. I'm suddenly so depressed. Congrats to Nana though.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:06 pm Reply with quote
If that cover art is indicative of the rest of her entry then that is some impressive artistic skill. Congrats and I hope she has amazing things in her future!
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:11 am Reply with quote
On the one hand, I'm happy for her! But on the other, knowing how hard manga-ka have it and how young she is, I'm also wishing her the best.
Jinbei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:41 am Reply with quote
Dunno how much of Bakuman was based on reality(well, most of it, but knowing which parts were another question entirely), but I suppose the publisher and editors are kind of expected to make sure that in cases like this, the manga career mustn't bother the school work TOO much. i mean, it's going to suffer, but I suppose Hoshino is being helped so that she doesn't fall behind too much... Of course, I also wish her a lot of energy and good luck and hope that her family supports this career rather than tries to suppress her urges in favor of more time spent on studying...
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:51 am Reply with quote
And here I am 25 yo and probably won't make a debut for 5 more years or so. What's wrong with my life? :c
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1