Forum - View topic
NEWS: Scums Wish Released Monday on Blu-ray




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Punpun's ghost



Joined: 27 Apr 2016
Posts: 55
Location: Wales
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:51 am Reply with quote
First series of the year for purchase for me (Scum's Wish). Looking forward to it... Sort of! Think it'll be an interesting ride at any rate!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheMorry



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 515
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Punpun's ghost wrote:
First series of the year for purchase for me (Scum's Wish). Looking forward to it... Sort of! Think it'll be an interesting ride at any rate!
You wont regret it. The story is pretty good and the dub is solid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IanC



Joined: 26 Sep 2004
Posts: 647
Location: Essex, England
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Urgh, romance. Love and romance are crap. There is no such thing, it's just chemicals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yttrbio
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 3162
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 pm Reply with quote
And the fact that you can just chuck a bunch of photons into someone's ocular cavity and they think they're watching a show? What a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slashman



Joined: 26 Dec 2015
Posts: 207
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:59 am Reply with quote
I don't know why everyone is so gaga over this show. It has literally nothing happening that makes it risque or a guilty pleasure except a slutty broken teacher and stupid high school students.

There isn't even any fan service. It's like a daytime soap for god's sake.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. sickVisionz



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 1983
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:55 am Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
I don't know why everyone is so gaga over this show. It has literally nothing happening that makes it risque or a guilty pleasure except a slutty broken teacher and stupid high school students.

There isn't even any fan service. It's like a daytime soap for god's sake.


You're judging it off of like how much of a porny harem it is when it's totally not in the porny harem genre. It's not in that genre at all. It's a relationships driven drama, way closer to something like Nana than Cat Planet Cuties.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Slashman



Joined: 26 Dec 2015
Posts: 207
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

You're judging it off of like how much of a porny harem it is when it's totally not in the porny harem genre. It's not in that genre at all. It's a relationships driven drama, way closer to something like Nana than Cat Planet Cuties.


Well then maybe people should stop going on about how edgy it is. It's not that profound and it just focuses on stupid people doing stupid things...repeatedly...and expecting a different result.

And that teacher's end is justified how? spoiler[She lived a life destroying other people's romantic relationships and ends up happily married to literally the dude that deserved her the least.]

Whoohoo fun times...

[EDIT: Spoiler tags added ~Zalis]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. sickVisionz



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 1983
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
Well then maybe people should stop going on about how edgy it is.


Because it's not ecchi porn people need to stop going on about it being edgy? You can be edgy and totally not be ecchi porn. They aren't mutually exclusive. They aren't even related.

Quote:
It's not that profound and it just focuses on stupid people doing stupid things...repeatedly...and expecting a different result.


I never said it was profound. I said it wasn't a porny harem. Also, people make mistakes in life. Sometimes they even repeat them.

Quote:
And that teacher's end is justified how? She lived a life destroying other people's romantic relationships and ends up happily married to literally the dude that deserved her the least.


I said it wasn't in the porny harem genre and that judging it for how good of a porny harem it is doesn't make sense. Not that it's "profound" and everyone on Earth must love it and if they don't they need to explain their grievances in detail to me in a forum post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group