• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/Grand Order THE STAGE Babylonia: The Absolute Frontline in the War Against the Demonic Beasts

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyCircle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Stageplays are such a strange concept to me. I would totally watch a subbed recording of one, like this one if I could. I would rather be able to see the ASHITA NO JOE/MacBeth in NYC but FATE/Grand Order is a good second.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:02 am Reply with quote
They can be neat. I watched a stage play of The Valkyrie or was it Die Valkyrie part of the Ring saga (not the Tolkien one). It was fantastic. Based off of the review, this one might be excellent, and if you are in the area, try to see it.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:11 am Reply with quote
In this version, female MC is a separate important character? Since both MCs are actually the same person and player avatar, it's a bit difficult for me to imagine them being active in the same storyline.
Terrible90sDub

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Rather, it's that Quetzalcoatl (along with various background cast members) puts on a several minute long pro wrestling match in the middle of the musical. In full costume—including a giant headdress—Quetzalcoatl does hip tosses and suplexes galore, showing what happens when a goddess is determined to bring an end to humanity one wrestling match at a time.

I'll admit, I wish I could see this musical just for that.
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:07 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
In this version, female MC is a separate important character? Since both MCs are actually the same person and player avatar, it's a bit difficult for me to imagine them being active in the same storyline.

You've got that confused. They didn't rewrite the story to include both MC genders, the two actors simply take turns playing the same role.

This way some showings will have a Male MC, some showings will have a Female MC, and the ticket-buyer gets to choose to watch a showing with whichever version of the MC they prefer.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:20 am Reply with quote
KefkaesqueXIII wrote:
#HayamiLover wrote:

You've got that confused. They didn't rewrite the story to include both MC genders, the two actors simply take turns playing the same role.

This way some showings will have a Male MC, some showings will have a Female MC, and the ticket-buyer gets to choose to watch a showing with whichever version of the MC they prefer.

Thanks for the clarification! An interesting idea, it reminded me of how SHAFT portrayed the "choice" of the player's gender in their Fate adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1