• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Readers: Here's The Most Anticipated Anime for Spring 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many episodes into We Never Learn it'll be before the girls realise they'd be better off tutoring each other?
Super_M

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:53 pm Reply with quote
ANN readers gave some love original anime. Not surprised about first four places.
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Really happy to see AoT in first place!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised Sarazanmai isn't higher on the list as I always assumed Ikuhara was a bigger draw among ANN readers but I guess fans were still divided over Yuri Kuma Arashi. I'm also surprised One Punch Man was so high given the negative reception to the trailer.
Super_M

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I'm surprised Sarazanmai isn't higher on the list as I always assumed Ikuhara was a bigger draw among ANN readers but I guess fans were still divided over Yuri Kuma Arashi. I'm also surprised One Punch Man was so high given the negative reception to the trailer.

Sarazanmai have good place when you look at competition. Maybe Sarazanmai could beat C&T and BSD but AoT and OPM are monsters which are also watched by people who normally not watch anime. Fruit Basket is adaptation/remake big shoujo classic with recognition beyond anime community and Kimetsu is adaptation popular WSJ manga.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I'm surprised Sarazanmai isn't higher on the list as I always assumed Ikuhara was a bigger draw among ANN readers but I guess fans were still divided over Yuri Kuma Arashi.
Three of the shows above it are either sequels or re-adaptations to popular(I'm not sure how popular Fruits Basket is though) and another is by a Hughley popular director. The only one that is surprising to see higher up is Demon Slayer.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Not super surprised about the top few spots. All my most-anticipated are within the top 10 aside from 7 Seeds (which I'm more hesitant about anyway based on the pv).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1