• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma Anime Gets 4th Season in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 am Reply with quote
No surprises here. They had to give the anime an ending. This arc had an OK ending and its a hell of a lot better than how the final arc of the manga ended.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:13 am Reply with quote
Final arc will feel so rushed in the anime.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 am Reply with quote
I don't think they'll adapt the manga final arc.

I think this will be the last adapted arc, which actually gives a decent closure (preventing it becomes a slapstick comedy that is the last arc, albeit the ending seems decent too).
consignia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:53 am Reply with quote
Whilst we don't need to adapt the terrible BLUE arc, it would be nice if a couple of the characters's backstories get put into this. Azami's would be quite easy to stick in at the end of this one.
xasli#879653

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:12 am Reply with quote
I think its great that its getting the closure of the azami arc. Wether they decide to adapt the final arc of the manga i will still support it. But at the same time just as Soma is getting its anime. BLEACH still deserves to come back and animate the thousand year blood war arc. Which it will take a lot to come back but it will
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:30 am Reply with quote
This is cool. Hopefully Sentai is finally able to dub and release season 3 on home video.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:55 am Reply with quote
Why every fall anime seasons are always in October instead in September and in November?
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:03 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Why every fall anime seasons are always in October instead in September and in November?

uhm? summer shows arent finished airing until the end of September? and no ones going to take break of airing until november???
Flü

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
xasli#879653 wrote:
BLEACH still deserves to come back and animate the thousand year blood war arc. Which it will take a lot to come back but it will

No, it really doesn't. No matter what some Western fans think, Bleach is not nearly popular enough anymore to get an adaptation for such a long (and bad) final arc.

As for Food Wars, it will just end with this and pretend that one of the worst final arcs in WSJ history never happened. Maybe get some epilogue at the end that mirrors what will happen in the epilogue chapters of the manga.
I wonder if they will make this season even cheaper than the last, considering how bad the reputation of Food Wars is at this point.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Yep just the announcement I was hoping for, not too surprised though seemed like it was 100% guaranteed tbh but nice to see it confirmed anyway.
Randomuser

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:09 pm Reply with quote
So it's finally official! Got notified of the new season entry on MAL, but strangely there wasn't a related newspost.

Can't wait till October!
Niyari

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
yay for closure. don't care how ridiculous the series gets, i just want to see it end.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Flü wrote:
xasli#879653 wrote:
BLEACH still deserves to come back and animate the thousand year blood war arc. Which it will take a lot to come back but it will

No, it really doesn't. No matter what some Western fans think, Bleach is not nearly popular enough anymore to get an adaptation for such a long (and bad) final arc.

I'd be willing to settle for a few OVAs/films that cut out the fat and give us a fast-paced action spectacle towards the end. I think about 4 films could be sufficient.
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:23 am Reply with quote
Great news. Hopefully Risa Taneda can reprise as Erina now that she's doing better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1