• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Last Remnant Remastered Game Gets Switch Release Today

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Huh, what is with Square pushing this game? I mean, I felt it was a fascinating title but it's a weird game to get a cult following.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:54 am Reply with quote
doesnt make much sense too me...I personally hated it and actually liked infinite undisovery ALOT more for the 360(which square published, but didn't develop like this one)

they have a pretty big catalog of games youd think theyd find a more popular jrpg too add too the switch.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:36 am Reply with quote
I think it's because it was made with unreal so it's easier to port/remaster than most of other game they made using proprietary engine.

But yeah that game was a hot mess, filled with good idea but then covered with a thick layer of really shitty idea. It would need a complete remake to be good.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 am Reply with quote
Not a Square game but honestly of all the Ports and Remasters we get every year I'm always highly surprised we never get Lost Odyssey. People loved it. I can't imagine it wouldn't sell.

I assume it's because of Mistwalker though.

I honestly have Last Remnant on PC already before they pulled it off steam. I like the game but not enough to buy it again.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 pm Reply with quote
AntiKuro wrote:
Not a Square game but honestly of all the Ports and Remasters we get every year I'm always highly surprised we never get Lost Odyssey. People loved it. I can't imagine it wouldn't sell.

I assume it's because of Mistwalker though.

Apparently the ball is in Microsoft's court.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1