• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Konosuba - God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Novel 9: Crimson Fate

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:20 am Reply with quote
well, the slayers reference were obvious from the start, with megumin's name being a spoof of megumi hayashibara's (line inverse's voice) and exploosion magic + chant being a dragon slave reference too.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:47 pm Reply with quote
It may have been obvious, but it was also cruel. Slayers is right up there with Twelve Kingdoms in that (admittedly short) list of of novel series that absolutely need to be picked up by an English publisher.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm not too much of a fan of the romantic development here (while the players involved are a part of why, how it's always about the girls teasing Kazuma and him always going through the same steps also gets on my nerves) so I'm at least glad it'll go into the backburner. I thought the Bind shebang was hilarious and so was the entire party's outing, but was absolutely uninterested in the backstory and the villain, unfortunately. At the very least, this means I might as well skip the Megumin spin off, and one less book series to read is always a good thing when I have 60+ on my 'interested in' list
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1