• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fruits Basket Anime Season 2 Previewed in Promo Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:07 am Reply with quote
Season one was beautiful and easily one of the best anime of the year. I never read the manga so I’m especially excited to see season two cover material past the original anime.
Geoduck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:28 am Reply with quote
There were a lot of images seen only for a fraction of a second, but eagle eyed viewers have already identified specific manga chapters that they're from.

And it looks like a lot of them come from a specific arc: the spoiler[beach house] arc.

And I am excited about that.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:10 pm Reply with quote
While we've gotten moments and episodes prior, I'm super excited about finally reaching a full season of manga-only material. I was not prepared for a PV to just sneak up on me like that!

Given that we're seeing a full trailer now (rather than just a short pv with scenes from only the first couple episodes), I'm going to assume we're getting either a Winter or Spring 2020 premiere, since that's about three months out at the earliest.
Alexis.Anagram

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:00 am Reply with quote
Geoduck wrote:
There were a lot of images seen only for a fraction of a second, but eagle eyed viewers have already identified specific manga chapters that they're from.

And it looks like a lot of them come from a specific arc: the spoiler[beach house] arc.

And I am excited about that.

Re-reading the manga, I realized I hadn't remember just how massive (both in scale and significance) that arc was, so it makes sense that outside of a few stray chapters they still need to adapt (like the one about Ayame's shop), the bulk of S2 will probably be taken up with this.

I'm also super excited. I hope they're going at a pace that is reasonable for the animators and all the staff involved, but I'll nevertheless be waiting with baited breath. This is where the good stuff starts. <3
Oggers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:13 am Reply with quote
It's going to be even harder to wait for this now that an actual trailer is out. It's exciting to know that these parts of the story will finally be animated!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I think about how the English voice cast must feel about getting to finally finish the story years after Funimation did that initial petition to get a second season made.
RevyHenriettaRider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:18 am Reply with quote
Hello! Cool

I am seriously looking forward to more Fruits Basket anime. I am looking forward to seeing the material that was not animated before. The first part that is complete now was wonderful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1