• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Event Report: Lantis Matsuri at AnimeNYC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeahreally

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I watched the paid stream of the concert. While I really appreciate that streaming was even given as an option, I thought that the streaming experience was really poor. The video quality was subpar, the video took up only a small part of the website layout, and the website did not have an easy way to resize the video to make it bigger. I hope that they can improve the experience when and if they do this in the future.
GundamZX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:50 pm Reply with quote
This year was a mess. Really wished that they did 2 separate concerts like last year or at least made it on a Saturday. Almost none of the staff knew how to get people in a line on Friday.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:09 am Reply with quote
I wish if i had a chance of listening to it on MAL stream, but i didn't have a money ot pay it to watch it one.

It was full blast though!
omiya

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:35 am Reply with quote
It sounds like the artists themselves gave the performance their all, and collaborations were well done but I have to agree that for the number of attendees, better production, sight lines and the like should have been possible.

There have been very few concerts in Japan that I have been disappointed with - being crammed into the back of level one of Zepp Tokyo for Minori Chihara's birthday live last month was one of them despite the actual performance and sound being good - I just couldn't see the stage Sad .

However Animax Musix Yokohama 2019 was very good - great sound and lighting, acts smoothly alternating between main stage and rear of the arena, good large video screens, excellent camera work and selection of which views to put on screen when, great mix of content, better than the previous times that I have attended and even better than some Animelo Summer Live shows (which are produced for retail video release).

I'd be interested to know what live shows in Japan the author of the article has attended.
Aresef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I wish the show had been broken up, like Anisong World Matsuri was at Otakon 2017 or like the eight AWM acts at Anime NYC last year, so as to give each act more time. I was there for JAM Project--I don't regret it--but that their set was so short compared to others they've performed was a bit of a bummer. I actually didn't know why the show wasn't at the Hammerstein, thanks for the info. There was no backing band there last year, but you're right that it might have been a better atmosphere.

Edit: Also, I'm sure the con knows this, but crowd control headed in was a debacle.
Big K

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:57 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure what the author's definition of "young otaku" is but I am definitely an old-schooler and I was at that concert mainly for Guilty Kiss.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1