• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Initial D Film Trilogy Blu-ray Box-set Released Monday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkatsukiBuzai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:14 am Reply with quote
Would of prefered MVM to licence the original anime, all the stages, instead of the newer trilogy which doesn't even have eurobeat. Oh well.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:18 am Reply with quote
AkatsukiBuzai wrote:
Would of prefered MVM to licence the original anime, all the stages, instead of the newer trilogy which doesn't even have eurobeat. Oh well.

Didn't they cut out most of the music from the TV series for the US release anyway. Pretty sure I remember reading that years ago.
AkatsukiBuzai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:04 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
AkatsukiBuzai wrote:

Didn't they cut out most of the music from the TV series for the US release anyway. Pretty sure I remember reading that years ago.

Hmm don't seem to remember that, I remember watching the dubbed version of the anime but maybe not for all the stages and remember hearing the eurobeat. Maybe they cut out some of it in the US releases. Either way they shouldn't even bother if it doesn't have eutobeat as in my opinion that sets the attmosphere in the original. You know it was about to go up a level when the eurobeat kicked in and it was Initial D that got me listening to eurobeat so for it to be absent here is just damn right disappointing.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:

That was the Tokyopop dub while FUNimation's redub kept the Eurobeat soundtrack.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1