Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Film Screens in U.S. Theaters on March 25




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cardcaptor Takato



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 2201
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I’m glad it’s not going to be a long wait for it to be out in US theaters but I’m disappointed that it looks like it’s not going to get a same day Crunchyroll simulcast like Tri did. It’s always hit or miss with mostly misses whether or not an anime movie gets played near me. So even if it’s not a long wait for theaters, I’ll still have several more months of avoiding spoilers while waiting for the home video release if it doesn’t get a Crunchyroll stream or it doesn’t play near me. Hopefully we’ll also get some dub cast news soon as well. I’m hoping they can get back all of the 02 cast for the dub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AceLuffy4Ever



Joined: 30 Aug 2015
Posts: 229
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I was so happy to read this news but sad to see that it isnt being dubbed, i was hoping for something to wash that bad taste of tri out of my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cardcaptor Takato



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 2201
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping a dub will eventually be announced but maybe it hasn't been finalized yet. They would be making a poor decision to not dub the (possibly) last Adventure related content and Joshua Seth has already said on Twitter he would love to return as Tai for the movie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 395
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I’m glad it’s not going to be a long wait for it to be out in US theaters but I’m disappointed that it looks like it’s not going to get a same day Crunchyroll simulcast like Tri did. It’s always hit or miss with mostly misses whether or not an anime movie gets played near me. So even if it’s not a long wait for theaters, I’ll still have several more months of avoiding spoilers while waiting for the home video release if it doesn’t get a Crunchyroll stream or it doesn’t play near me. Hopefully we’ll also get some dub cast news soon as well. I’m hoping they can get back all of the 02 cast for the dub.

I mean, I can't see why Derek Stephen Price (Ken and Veemon) wouldn't come back, and Brian Donovan (Davis) still reprises Rock Lee.

I don't know if they'd bring back Philece Sampler as Cody and I have no idea what Yolei's voice is doing.

Although they'll definitely have to recast Matt and Armadillomon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cardcaptor Takato



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 2201
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Not mentioned in the article is that there will also be an announcement about a new Digimon TV series during the US screening of Kizuna. Although it's not known yet if this is a brand new Digimon anime or if Appmon is getting a dub. https://withthewill.net/threads/22830-Kizuna-in-US-Theaters-in-March-Subbed-amp-New-TV-Series-Accidentally-Announced-Early
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Freyanne



Joined: 06 Nov 2014
Posts: 201
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Not mentioned in the article is that there will also be an announcement about a new Digimon TV series during the US screening of Kizuna. Although it's not known yet if this is a brand new Digimon anime or if Appmon is getting a dub. https://withthewill.net/threads/22830-Kizuna-in-US-Theaters-in-March-Subbed-amp-New-TV-Series-Accidentally-Announced-Early


Considering that, to my knowledge, they didn't finish dubbing all of the Xros Wars season(s), I wouldn't expect them to announce Appmon getting a dub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cardcaptor Takato



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 2201
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Considering that, to my knowledge, they didn't finish dubbing all of the Xros Wars season(s), I wouldn't expect them to announce Appmon getting a dub.
Fusion was over half a decade ago so I don’t know that it would have much of an influence on whether or not Appmon gets a dub. We also know Toei has been shopping around for a toy deal for Appmon which is why it took so long for the show to finally get licensed at all as they were looking to get it dubbed initially. And Appmon has been getting a few foreign dubs since it first aired. If it is a brand new Digimon anime, it would be a first to announce it at a US only screening. Unless they plan to announce it a few days before and then have a special preview at the theaters for it or something like that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group