• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AT-X Airs Tamayomi Baseball Anime's 1st Episode on March 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a1anne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Why is it that girl baseball is always sexualized ? Last one with skirts, now with super tiny shorts ...

It's not possible in real life, I don't know why they'd put that in anime. Try sliding on the ground without pants, with rocks and sand, and after that draw your girls like that ...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:27 pm Reply with quote
a1anne wrote:
Why is it that girl baseball is always sexualized ? Last one with skirts, now with super tiny shorts ...

It's not possible in real life, I don't know why they'd put that in anime. Try sliding on the ground without pants, with rocks and sand, and after that draw your girls like that ...

Please look up the AAGPBL or at least watch A League of Their Own, lmao.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Please look up the AAGPBL or at least watch A League of Their Own, lmao.

I mean those uniforms were designed in the 1940s so I think it's fair to wonder why a girls' baseball series set in modern day can't have, y'know, pants. Eyeshield 21 didn't have the guys still wearing leather helmets after all.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:39 pm Reply with quote
The poster said that it was "not possible in real life". And yet a professional baseball league existed for almost 10 years using that exact uniform and we have hours of video footage showing these women playing baseball in similar clothes to what Tamayomi has.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 pm Reply with quote
a1anne wrote:

The outfits don't look sexualized at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1