• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 23rd Pokémon Film's Trailer Highlights New Mythical Pokémon Zarude, Okoya Paradise Setting

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olgita

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:27 am Reply with quote
Basically Tarzan: The Pokemon version. I actually like that concept, surprised they didn't make it earlier.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:01 am Reply with quote
olgita wrote:
Basically Tarzan: The Pokemon version. I actually like that concept, surprised they didn't make it earlier.

They did, just not as a movie. Remember "The Kangaskhan Kid"?
Nionel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:02 am Reply with quote
olgita wrote:

Funny thing is, they actually have. There's an episode way back in season one that focuses around a child that was raised by a Pokémon. Looks like they're going to attempt to refine the story with a longer run time here.
olgita

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I must have totally wiped out that episode off my mind xD Thanks for the correction!
chao8971

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Is there any explanation for a Shiny Celebi? I have to imagine in the anime world there is only one of each Legendary pokemon and it's been in the a film before as it's standard green.
Ryujin99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:28 pm Reply with quote
chao8971 wrote:
Is there any explanation for a Shiny Celebi? I have to imagine in the anime world there is only one of each Legendary pokemon and it's been in the a film before as it's standard green.

Actually, in the TV series, it seems pretty clear that there's more than one of at least some, I would argue most, legendary pokemon, though they're certainly still extremely rare.

The Johto series' had a few episodes featuring a parent and child Lugia. The Diamond and Pearl series' episode "Keeping in Top Forme!" featured a Shaymin which was reportedly one of many.

I haven't watched much of the Unova, Kalos, or Alolan TV series episodes, so I don't know if any other legendaries or mythics show up in those, but I would assume they probably do.

Edit: trying to make it easier to read.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:46 am Reply with quote
Ryujin99 wrote:

I haven't watched much of the Unova, Kalos, or Alolan TV series episodes, so I don't know if any other legendaries or mythics show up in those, but I would assume they probably do.

Edit: trying to make it easier to read.
Ash has already encountered a Lugia early on the show and Go just kind of casually witnessed a Mew when he was a kid. If anything, the new series seems even more casual about legendary Pokemon than previous seasons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1