• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:59 am Reply with quote
Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter, manga volume 6

Volume 6 came out recently digitally.

I started reading this series, shortly after starting "My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!"

The main differences between these series, is that the Duke's Daughter is a bit more serious and realistic, than "My Next Life as a Villainess". Also, the Otami harem aspects are toned down too.

While the basic origin structure is the same, both series are different, and they are not really competing with each other.

The Duke's Daughter has been socially exiled from the Capital, and tries to make a new future for herself running the Duke's (her father's) domain. Her success has attracted attention from the Capital, both good and bad. This leads to her spoiler[excommunication from the Church] at the end of volume 5. If her enemies succeed, her father's domain and position at court would be seriously threatened.

Volume 6 details the resolution of this threat. I won't say anymore on that, unless you'll want to talk about it.

The artwork continues to be good in my eyes, and the characters engaging. So this manga series is a must read for me. Already dreading the wait for volume 7.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1