• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Quintessential Quintuplets' Negi Haruba Recruits Assistant for New Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I think he needed more assistants for QQ, considering the way he bailed out at the end. Anime dazed
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:40 pm Reply with quote
tywhoppity wrote:
I think he needed more assistants for QQ, considering the way he bailed out at the end. Anime dazed

I...what?

There's a lot to unpack from this post, namely how him having more assistants would have anything to do with how the manga ended (it wouldn't), or how he supposedly "bailed out at the end" (he didn't). Why can't people just admit they're mad their waifu didn't win as opposed to making up weird theories like this?
Seagloom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:29 am Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
or how he supposedly "bailed out at the end" (he didn't).

Technically true but I get where that sentiment is coming from. The ending was weak post confession. To the point it felt perfunctory. The comedy in this series was never great and what little romance there was sloughed off once the mystery was solved.

At least for me, it was never a waifu war situation. While I may have a favorite character, I almost never ship. I just let the story go where it takes me.

I hope Negi's next series has tighter writing. The way certain plot beats were handled was terrible. spoiler[The eleventh hour introduction of the Quints' biological father, for example.]
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 am Reply with quote
There's a lot to unpack from this post, namely how him having more assistants would have anything to do with how the manga ended (it wouldn't), or how he supposedly "bailed out at the end" (he didn't). Why can't people just admit they're mad their waifu didn't win as opposed to making up weird theories like this?[/quote]

No "My waifu lost, so sour grapes" here, just that Negi went from A to G while skipping B, C, D, E, and F. And yes, although I could see why the Chosen One was chosen, it was never given us a reason until the very end why Fuu chose her.

It honestly needed at least another 20 chapters to end properly, IMO. And, as the other poster stated, the spoiler tag statement part should've been skipped entirely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1