• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia Films, TV Anime, Manga's Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:38 am Reply with quote
if its the next movie hopefully shoto gets some part in the final boss, last time felt like sero took his place in playing some memorable role while he was left fighting some subboss.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:13 am Reply with quote
Super excited.

BONES has been giving the MHA fans the best kind of fanservice with these movie. Truly the best kind of celebration for the series.

I easily consider two heroes and heroes rising among the best shonen jump movies. Up there with stuff like the Boruto movie and the Last.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:12 am Reply with quote
A lot of people say that Bakugo, Todoroki, and Deku are the next big 3. Plus All for One and One for All are sayings from the book The Three Musketeers. So maybe this is solidifying everything in a movie format.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:53 am Reply with quote
This is probably a new movie project. I have to say that I really like those costume designs for Deku, Bakugo and Shoto.
Coincidentally, Heroes Rising is coming to Latin-American cinemas on November 26 with the previous movie voice cast reprising their roles, meanwhile Funimation finally launched came to Latin America as well, and all the 4 seasons of MHA arrived with an official spanish dub, but this one has a completely different cast, it was mainly dubbed in Miami but there are some characters voiced in Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Los Angeles. I haven't seen this new dub but people have complained that is not as good as the one made for the first movie.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:27 pm Reply with quote
So it's a movie where Deku meets his successor (d'Artagnan).

Anime sakugabros on suicide watch.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I guess that rumor of BONES churning out MHA movies wasn't completely off base, but it makes me worried for the quality of season 5's production.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:30 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I guess that rumor of BONES churning out MHA movies wasn't completely off base, but it makes me worried for the quality of season 5's production.

Did the previous film have a negative impact on the previous season's production? I'm honestly asking because I didn't finish the previous season yet.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:08 am Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:

Did the previous film have a negative impact on the previous season's production? I'm honestly asking because I didn't finish the previous season yet.

Not really, no. The movies and TV series have largely separate teams of animators, directors, etc. If the movies weren't being made then the crew working on them would just be moving on to different projects, not doubling down on the MHA TV series. Season 4's relative production issues largely came down to scheduling slips and some unexpected shifts in leadership during production to better manage the workflow, not the film's largely independent staff.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:39 pm Reply with quote
With the teaser image using the roman numeral of three and since there were two MHA movies before, it pretty much all but confirms that the teaser image here implies that the third movie is inevitable and since the second one was a huge hit at the box office, it's only a matter of time before we get a third one coming out as well.

As for the new costumes, they all look pretty cool and since the Three Musketeers are referencing our main three of Izuku, Bakugo, and Todoroki and that the tagline will reference someone meeting them, I wonder if that person is going to be the D'Artagnan to their Three Muskeeteers for this third movie.

As for that logo that says "WHA", some fans have theorized that it actually stands for the World Hero Agency or somewhere along those lines we may see some more involvement from international heroes outside of Japan and I think that would greatly help expand the international scale of the MHA world.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the first two MHA movies and like everything else related to MHA, I can't wait to see the third one and have fun with it too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1