• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan Anime Remakes 'Moonlight Sonata Murder Case' Episode

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Please just finish the story
SP654

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Why the hell would they decide for the 1000th episode To be a remake of an old episode that had aired years ago They should be making new episodes not remakes like a new black organization Arc for instance, damn it we’re going to grow old and die before the show finishes, why would they think it’s a brilliant idea to make a remake!!!!!
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I'll be the only one looking forward to this.
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Jeez what's with the backlash? This is a show that has been airing weekly for 25 years. Why are you angry that they're going to dedicate 2 weeks to remaking a fan favorite case from over two decades ago? I think this is awesome news! I remember watching this back in high school and being really enthralled with this particular case. I liked it so much that I listened to moonlight sonata on repeat for a week afterwards. Definitely excited to check this out!
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I think someone guessed this and am happy they were right, its one of my fav cases. I saw it dubbed so seeing it subbed this time :) (And I bet the dub botched certain things too but thems big spoilers so can't say more)
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Not correct in my guesses previously but still very happy about the remake. It is an iconic episode. Considering the original adaptation edited stuff out because it adapted 6 files into essentially 2 episodes, but the length of the two-parter remake is unknown, I know it won't be entirely the same.

This remake is a broadcast commemorative project for Ep.1000. It falls into the same category as The Disappearance of Conan Edogawa: The Worst Two Days in History in 2014 for the 20th anniversary of the manga publication and the special remake Episode One in 2016, marking the 20th anniversary of the TV and Film production.

Since those two commemorative episodes were NOT counted towards the overall episode count, it is very likely this two-parter special remake will NOT count towards the overall episode count.

The real Ep.1000 will likely be on March 20th.
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:58 am Reply with quote
Shouldn't Conan have arrested half of the population of Japan for murdering the other half at this point? Has he even made any progress in taking down the organization that turned him into a kid at all?
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:54 am Reply with quote
NimbusRain wrote:
Jeez what's with the backlash? This is a show that has been airing weekly for 25 years. Why are you angry that they're going to dedicate 2 weeks to remaking a fan favorite case from over two decades ago? I think this is awesome news! I remember watching this back in high school and being really enthralled with this particular case. I liked it so much that I listened to moonlight sonata on repeat for a week afterwards. Definitely excited to check this out!

1) This is less backlash and more apathy on my part.
2) I'd rather the series stop focusing so much on filler and remakes of old episode and progress the thing I was interested in, i.e. the secret organization that turn Conan into a child.

If you love they are redrawing an old episode, more power to you. But a lot of my love for this franchise has faded over the years. Especially since if the writer would just prefer to do weekly mysteries, there is no really need for an overarching plot.
7777ale7777

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:51 am Reply with quote
Some people seem to be missdirecting their frustration. Don't blame the anime if there's no progress in the MIB story, that's Gosho Aoyama decision, the anime can't just start dropping Organization episodes. And if the anime is remaking an episode is doing it instead of adding filler. Also, some of those remade or remastered episodes are from episodes that are more than 20 years old so there are lots of fans in Japan that just watch the show weekly that probably haven't seen them or don't even remember them or just want to see them in something more than 4:3 and 480p.

Also, after watching the first 100 episodes and seeing that there's almost no progress in the main storyline, one should had realized what kind of show this is and what it's interested in covering.

Do I want to see how the show ends? Sure, but I don't watch it just to see the ending. More people should watch that Disney movie Soul. We are in the ocean.

Last edited by 7777ale7777 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:23 am Reply with quote
I swear people seem to forget that this is a mystery anime. The cases are literally what the series is about. The BO stuff is just a cool connecting thread to break things up occasionally.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:27 am Reply with quote
XerBlade wrote:
I swear people seem to forget that this is a mystery anime. The cases are literally what the series is about. The BO stuff is just a cool connecting thread to break things up occasionally.

True but after 20 years it's only natural people would want them to just get on with it.
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:42 am Reply with quote
God, half the posts here act like Conan is the worst anime they've ever seen in their lives. I don't get it.

Like an earlier post said, it's a mystery of the week manga. Conan is structured almost like an American soap opera: the story is made to last as long as it needs to, and when the time comes for it to end, it'll end.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:00 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
True but after 20 years it's only natural people would want them to just get on with it.

This is a sign that you are distorted by real life chronology when it comes to source material. Give the original manga a quick run through, you will see just how much development there has been and how tightly packed the narrative is. It is no surprise only about 4 to 6 months has passed in the story.

There is no need to "get on with it" when it has progressed so much since the beginning or even the Rum Arc.

Most of this complain about lack of progression for the Main Plot Line stems from the fact many people think they should watch this series like any other weekly anime, that is watching it weekly. This will not how this show should be consumed.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:21 pm Reply with quote
XerBlade wrote:

Then I'd rather it be a mystery of the week from the start and have Conan be a child from the start.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:23 pm Reply with quote
7777ale7777 wrote:
Some people seem to be missdirecting their frustration. Don't blame the anime if there's no progress in the MIB story, that's Gosho Aoyama decision, the anime can't just start dropping Organization episodes. And if the anime is remaking an episode is doing it instead of adding filler. Also, some of those remade or remastered episodes are from episodes that are more than 20 years old so there are lots of fans in Japan that just watch the show weekly that probably haven't seen them or don't even remember them or just want to see them in something more than 4:3 and 480p.

Also, after watching the first 100 episodes and seeing that there's almost no progress in the main storyline, one should had realized what kind of show this is and what it's interested in covering.

Do I want to see how the show ends? Sure, but I don't watch it just to see the ending. More people should watch that Disney movie Soul. We are in the ocean.

I say I want the anime to get on with the story, but I'm not blaming the studio themselves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3