• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Magu-chan: God of Destruction Gets In On Jujutsu Kaisen ED Trend

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flü

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Great video, I love how it included basically all the characters (except very recent ones) and captured their personality super well.
The manga deserves way more recognition. It's a hilarious and super wholesome series with a great cast.
Songblade7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:22 am Reply with quote
Man I really enjoy Magu-chan so this was pretty fun. Makes me sad though that there still hasn't been any word on an official physical release. Only the big action titles are the ones that get physical releases in the States but I really want this series on my shelf :/
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:56 am Reply with quote
Songblade7 wrote:
Man I really enjoy Magu-chan so this was pretty fun. Makes me sad though that there still hasn't been any word on an official physical release. Only the big action titles are the ones that get physical releases in the States but I really want this series on my shelf :/

There might not really be a release, honestly. The manga is doing bad numbers in Japan and, if things don't change, might get axed very soon. Which is a real shame since it's such a cute manga.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:36 am Reply with quote
ThatMoonGuy wrote:
Songblade7 wrote:

There might not really be a release, honestly. The manga is doing bad numbers in Japan and, if things don't change, might get axed very soon. Which is a real shame since it's such a cute manga.

No wonder most current mangas on Shonen Jump are battle shonen. Mission: Yozakura Family, Mashle and Undead Unlock have good numbers and all of them are battle shonen.
kgw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:18 am Reply with quote
Well, nobody knows the future, and I think that Shueisha is not interested in filling the the whole magazine with battle stories. The newest releases, Witch Watch and Kowloons/Nine Dragons' fit in other genres (and Matsui's Elusive Samurai, to some extent)

I like Roboco and Magu-chan a lot, but I admit that Japanese sense of humor is usually not very understood overseas ...
Flü

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:02 pm Reply with quote
ThatMoonGuy wrote:
Songblade7 wrote:

The numbers are perfectly adequate for a comedy-manga and also caused by underprinting, meaning they actually sold out in many places. Stop spreading misinformation and panic.

However, it might indeed never get a print release in the West, because they do prioritize the top-sellers here.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:06 am Reply with quote
Aww, this is adorable!
I agree that Magu-chan is a cute, wholesome manga!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1