Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Gets 9-Part Compilation TV Special




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rob19ny



Joined: 13 Jun 2020
Posts: 747
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:56 am Reply with quote
If the title didn't have TV in it, I would have said they were crazy doing a 9 part compilation film. Of course they are making it connect with the spinoff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlueAlf



Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 1038
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:17 am Reply with quote
Wait. So Urdr-Hunt is a spin-off that's launching on the Gundam IBO G app?

So does that mean Urdr-Hunt isn't the name of the app, but actually just an episode or something?

To be honest, this is getting kinda confusing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GNPixie



Joined: 25 Jul 2018
Posts: 153
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:26 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
Wait. So Urdr-Hunt is a spin-off that's launching on the Gundam IBO G app?

So does that mean Urdr-Hunt isn't the name of the app, but actually just an episode or something?

To be honest, this is getting kinda confusing.


G is the app.
Urdr Hunt is ONE of the stories in said app.

Its basically like how the Ps3 had versions of Rise from the Ashes, Zeonic Front, etc all rolled into the Missing Link gameplay style.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kicksville



Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Posts: 932
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 am Reply with quote
I doubt this'll have any major changes, but funny enough if there's any Gundam show that would benefit from cutting the fat, it's this one. This could end up being the better version.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dazz



Joined: 15 Sep 2021
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 pm Reply with quote
They killed all the solid characters from the anime, my jaws dropped, will love to see how this tv spinoff workout Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 2076
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering if this will lead to some kind of proper sequel or continuation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chronium



Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 217
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
I doubt this'll have any major changes, but funny enough if there's any Gundam show that would benefit from cutting the fat, it's this one. This could end up being the better version.


There's very little fat in this series there's no way this compilation will be better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tintor2



Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 811
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Nine parts? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phantom360



Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 33
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Why? Why does this need 9 films?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simona.com



Joined: 20 Apr 2007
Posts: 272
Location: Tokyo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:07 pm Reply with quote
they need to change the ending and unkill shed loads of people for me to watch that stuff.
it totally put me off gundam forever (and I was a fan since the first Amuro days)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chronium



Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Posts: 217
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:42 pm Reply with quote
simona.com wrote:
they need to change the ending and unkill shed loads of people for me to watch that stuff.
it totally put me off gundam forever (and I was a fan since the first Amuro days)


Well I have to call you out as a liar. If you were really put off gundam forever then it wouldn't matter if they unkill characters or not because you wouldn't watch it anyways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
residentgrigo



Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 1925
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I don´t care about Iron-Blooded in any direction but it´s not the deadliest or most tragic Gundam. Not by a long shot. The ending was also supposed to be darker. A bit like the one Kojima wrote for MGS 4 before his team refused. The same happened here. The latter half of S2 was a compromise in many ways so that is why the final stretch is neither meat nor fish. Nothing new for the IP of course. Gundam loves production drama.

SEED had 7 compilation films and that monstrosity is 101 eps long (clip shows were an issue of course). 9 for 50 eps?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
simona.com



Joined: 20 Apr 2007
Posts: 272
Location: Tokyo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:22 pm Reply with quote
chronium wrote:
simona.com wrote:
they need to change the ending and unkill shed loads of people for me to watch that stuff.
it totally put me off gundam forever (and I was a fan since the first Amuro days)


Well I have to call you out as a liar. If you were really put off gundam forever then it wouldn't matter if they unkill characters or not because you wouldn't watch it anyways.


Not really. since the mass murder put me off, the unkilling would mend my ties with gundam.
but of course it (the unkilling) ain't gonna happen, so amen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group