• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:40 am Reply with quote

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man (TV)

Genres: adventure, comedy, fantasy, science fiction
Themes: gender switch, isekai, MMORPG

Plot Summary: Kagami Sakamori was one of the top players in the VRMMO Ark Earth Online as Danblf, a veteran summoner with the gravitas to match his elite status. When he falls asleep playing one day, he's transported to a world where the game is reality—but instead of his all-powerful avatar, he's stuck in the body of a cute young girl. He can't let anyone know that this little cutie is really Danblf, so he takes the name “Mira” and claims to be Danblf's disciple. If this gets out, he'll never live it down.

Jan. 11, 2022 (Tuesdays; FUNImation)
----------------------------------
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

It was clear pretty early on that that this was not going to be an amazing series, not really the best VRMMORPG turned reality anime, an even the gender swap elements were not likely to be the focus enough to be of interest that I can find interesting. I guess it did at moments touch the gender thing, but I really don't think it was used in a pathos way outside of a few jokes. But I guess I found that the series could occasionally be fun enough, that I thought that it could be an easier watch than something that is more serious.

It might be a lot of just in general coming across as unremarkable, that it had to rely on things like some cute images. Maybe I don't really know, the main plot was kind of forgettable that it mostly had me zoning out, to focus on the moment to moment parts. And I don't think all those moment to moment stuff were bad.

My rating is going to be Decent 6/10).
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Eh, it was a pretty lamesauce show. There wasn't really anything to latch onto. The story was forgettable and mostly it seemed to about showing off how cute Mira is. I guess Mira finally revealing to be Danblf to the fairy maid was a cool moment. The cat character was more fun and interesting when they didn't speak, though the moment they revealed to be able to speak was kind of funny. It had a good insert song.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1