• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arknights: Prelude to Dawn TV Anime's Teaser Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:36 am Reply with quote
Looks great so far, quite excited.
12Zwolf12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:45 am Reply with quote
Looked surprisingly good. I expect at least a decent show.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:15 am Reply with quote
While there is no problem about the animation quality as it seems, I still really have doubts about the story - Arknights beginning (like most of the gacha games) is quite weak, and I don't think they do a lot of major chances.
Easy to say it will be on the same level as GFL anime, if not even worse.
catone2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Looks just as good as the various anime PV's they release. As for me, I love the story from prologue to end of the Reunion Saga so all of it will be good.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to learn who will voice the leaders of Reunion.
Blazi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:10 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
While there is no problem about the animation quality as it seems, I still really have doubts about the story - Arknights beginning (like most of the gacha games) is quite weak, and I don't think they do a lot of major chances.
Easy to say it will be on the same level as GFL anime, if not even worse.
That's quite the insult, the GFL anime was quite the disaster, in text form yes it seems quite weak, but it being animated can definitely bring more excitement and fix that.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:53 am Reply with quote
Blazi wrote:
That's quite the insult, the GFL anime was quite the disaster, in text form yes it seems quite weak, but it being animated can definitely bring more excitement and fix that.
No, that's the exact problem - even if the story gets in anime form, the beginning still will be the same mess that can be described as "13 Hours, but the evac team is a bunch of who and MC is amnesiac" - which is can be good for die-hard fans who know the characters - but for new people, it will be just gibberish nonsense between the action scenes.

And then they also pushed it to the TV anime format instead of something close to OVA/movie, with supposed stretching the whole "operation" to a whole 4-6 weekly episodes minimum (cause by posters, they are adapting only the prologue and next Lungmen arc) - which is complete overkill to make things boring even with the good animation.
Blazi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:13 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Blazi wrote:
No, that's the exact problem - even if the story gets in anime form, the beginning still will be the same mess that can be described as "13 Hours, but the evac team is a bunch of who and MC is amnesiac" - which is can be good for die-hard fans who know the characters - but for new people, it will be just gibberish nonsense between the action scenes.

And then they also pushed it to the TV anime format instead of something close to OVA/movie, with supposed stretching the whole "operation" to a whole 4-6 weekly episodes minimum (cause by posters, they are adapting only the prologue and next Lungmen arc) - which is complete overkill to make things boring even with the good animation.
CN TV Listings have confirmed it to be 8 episodes, which is fine for the first 3 chapters, guessing by the pv it will stop there. And of course, they can always add in more info to have the viewer understand what's going on, which is more likely. I have quite a lot of hope in Yostar Pictures, as Bisoku Zenshin was a good adaptation, but we just have to see how it plays out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1