• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Yurei Deco

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:01 pm Reply with quote
James, if you haven't seen it, I hope you have time to check out Science Saru's somewhat-overlooked masterpiece Kaiba, which is the first thing that comes to my mind when watching You-0 Deco (I'm so happy Kaiba got licensed and is being distributed by Discotek).

The images and events in these first three episodes have a lot of interesting implications, I'm looking forward to where this team goes with them.
Sasuke149

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:00 am Reply with quote
I am looking forward to this one. In a season where there is too few good anime, this seems like it will be good.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Ep4- From what I remember of Tom Sawyer, the show isn't following a complete analog of the original. My impression is that the author just built this story on the framework of the Mark Twain story characters for convenience and that's where it ends. The augmented-reality base builds a completely different and interesting story of it's own.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:39 pm Reply with quote
To be clear, the museum isn't full of extinct animals it just also features extinct animals alongside animals who still exist in the present. The island itself is mostly absent of real animals.

As for the professor, he prides himself on only featuring animals that are real and accurately represented. When he found the book he fell in love with the animals in it and thought that since it stated people had seen them that would be enough for them to qualify for the museum.

He later admits that he knew they probably didn't exist since he only had one source of information on them but he clearly loved the idea of them and had hoped people wouldn't look too deeply into it.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:33 pm Reply with quote
With the reveals in Ep6, I'd say were are at a turning point in the story wherein we will follow
and expose some of the mysteries of this made-up world (and Hack). Much more interesting than the Mark Twain story references...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1