• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass Providence 10th Anniversary Film Unveils Returning Staff & Cast, May 12 Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RemGalleuSimp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The site also unveiled a new visual for the film, seen below.

That visual isn't new it was released like 5 months ago and on there official site they use the same one just with the release date slapped on the bottom...
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I had thought this movie was going to be about the intervening period which led to Tsunemori being imprisoned as a result of her actions before the new Inspector-Enforcer pairing joined. Looks like I'm wrong: this movie is set after she's been released back into active service as an Enforcer as Kougami Shinya is back in Japan from his exile and is already working under Frederica as per the First Inspector finale.

The only new faces are those in the background, particularly the one on the right. The one on the left if I'm remembering right is Kei's father, yet he's not featured in this movie. Shion being featured is a surprise as she should no longer be an active member of the Team, so I wonder what cameo the animators have planned for her.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Inject it into my bloodstream already. I've been inching for new Psycho Pass content.
Flameshadowwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Akane’s imprisonment gets covered in some anime adaptation since that’ll probably get translated rather than a light novel. It’s been awhile but I feel like it’s too big of an event to just brush off
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:03 am Reply with quote
Despite Urobuchi's lack of involvement, I was actually interested in season 3 and the material surrounding it, but they didn't get dubbed. Honestly, I prefer this series in English. Ah well.

Maybe if Urobuchi is involved in this one, I'll watch it regardless of its certain lack of dub.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:18 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Despite Urobuchi's lack of involvement, I was actually interested in season 3 and the material surrounding it, but they didn't get dubbed. Honestly, I prefer this series in English. Ah well.

Maybe if Urobuchi is involved in this one, I'll watch it regardless of its certain lack of dub.

God I wish Psycho Pass 3, First Inspector and Sinners of the System would finally be dubbed already :c
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:22 am Reply with quote
^^^Me too, count me in as another one who wants the last few installments of the franchise to get a dub...
Anyway, super pumped for this. May can't come soon enough Laughing
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:36 am Reply with quote
The dude in the background is Arata Shindo's father right? Also, Ginoza took a makeover again. Kogami is the only one not wielding a Dominator apparently.

Quote:
^^^Me too, count me in as another one who wants the last few installments of the franchise to get a dub...

I wonder what happened. The last dubbed material was Urobuchi's material. Did it sell bad in the West? Ironically, that movie is the topselling Psycho-Pass DVD in Japan. Maybe it's a Funimation thing or the actors aren't that used. I think Kate Oxley barely got big jobs in her career with Akane being probably the only time she got a big role rather than voice a child. The actor of Kogami is the most famous though
Dnautics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:22 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
The dude in the background is Arata Shindo's father right? Also, Ginoza took a makeover again. Kogami is the only one not wielding a Dominator apparently.

Quote:

I wonder what happened. The last dubbed material was Urobuchi's material. Did it sell bad in the West? Ironically, that movie is the topselling Psycho-Pass DVD in Japan. Maybe it's a Funimation thing or the actors aren't that used. I think Kate Oxley barely got big jobs in her career with Akane being probably the only time she got a big role rather than voice a child. The actor of Kogami is the most famous though

Season 3 is being held hostage by Amazon. Amazon doesn't usually get things dubbed. All the people waiting for a dub better just go watch it. It may not ever get dubbed.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:28 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:

Quote:

Urobuchi only supervised the second season, and it got dubbed.

Amazon got streaming rights for Psycho-Pass 3, then Sinners of the System went completely unlicensed until Crunchyroll got it recently. Amazon doesn't do dubs and it's too soon to determine if CR will dub SotS (though they do have Spanish and Portuguese dubs; I don't know if those existed prior to CR getting the movies though).
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:48 am Reply with quote
^^^ I'm still holding up hope. Even if I gotta go on Twitter and beg for it every single day.
blooperboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:18 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:

Is it worth going back and watching S3? S2 was such a disappointment to me that I just stopped.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:28 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Well Season 3 was licensed by Amazon Prime, so I think that's why that never got dubbed. Funi never went back for season 2 of Rage of Bahamut either despite that leaving Prime. I have no idea why they passed up Sinners of the System, not only was that not licensed by anyone else, it came out before season 3 so it was still at a time when they had all prior entries. Maybe they just don't have any available timeslots to dub it or just plain lost interest in it, I mean despite being an original title by Production I.G it never seemed to get popular.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:02 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
tintor2 wrote:
Well Season 3 was licensed by Amazon Prime, so I think that's why that never got dubbed. Funi never went back for season 2 of Rage of Bahamut either despite that leaving Prime. I have no idea why they passed up Sinners of the System, not only was that not licensed by anyone else, it came out before season 3 so it was still at a time when they had all prior entries. Maybe they just don't have any available timeslots to dub it or just plain lost interest in it, I mean despite being an original title by Production I.G it never seemed to get popular.

All I can do at this point is keep on hoping or praying. I miss hearing the dub. I miss the whole English cast minus Kagari's English VA.
TexZero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:00 pm Reply with quote
blooperboy wrote:
louis6578 wrote:

Is it worth going back and watching S3? S2 was such a disappointment to me that I just stopped.

Eh, no not really. If you want to watch it for completionist sake or to watch the movies then maybe. Season 3 was so bland that i've pretty much forgotten it entirely. The world concept was great and written well in season 1. While not the best season 2's inversion of season 1 was enjoyable to an extent but the writing couldn't keep up with season 1's. All this to say at least season 2 had something going for it, season 3 had kirito voicing someone and that's it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2