• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dokapon Kingdom: Connect Game Reveals Opening Movie

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:07 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit disappointed that I'm not hearing more about new features outside of the online connectivity. I wonder if an entirely new game wouldn't have been a better idea, but in general....

This iteration of Dokapon Kingdom is a lovely "Dragon Quest-but-Mario Party" take on the boardgame genre. It's a lot of fun, especially with 3 people on the board (4 might take too long), and in fact is sort of like playing an entire retro NES Dragon Quest adventure in a boardgame format as opposed to being filled with minigames and property purchases. That's not to say those features don't exist, but the focus is in fact on this being a "JRPG where everyone is in PvP mode against the Darklord AND each other".

Worth experiencing for the goofiness and fun, just be warned that sessions are LONG. You're not playing it right if your character isn't yelling "Shazbot!" every turn.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1