• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! TV Anime's 1st Promo Video Unveils Additional Cast, January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Ayaneru, Yumiri Hanamori, Reina Ueda...plus those cute visuals. How could I not check out this Hokkaido gyaru romcom!?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:05 pm Reply with quote
As someone who lived in Hokkaido for two years, nobody in this is wearing enough layers, totally created by a bunch of southerners who have never experienced a true しばれる winter.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:53 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
As someone who lived in Hokkaido for two years, nobody in this is wearing enough layers, totally created by a bunch of southerners who have never experienced a true しばれる winter.

The plot synopsis flat out points out it’s odd, so the writers don’t seem as ignorant as you’re suggesting.
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:21 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:

I haven't stopped in Kitami, but I did experience Okhotsk-Mombetsu in early February 2019, walking from the Prince Hotel to the Garinko-go II terminal, ice-flow cruise and walking back, and survived with only 3 layers on top.
vanishingblood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:30 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:

The plot synopsis flat out points out it’s odd, so the writers don’t seem as ignorant as you’re suggesting.
Never mind the fact that the author is from Hokkaido and set the series in his actual hometown... I think he would know.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:36 pm Reply with quote
It may not look all that special, but after reading the manga (which highly recommend giving it a read) its actually a wholesome romcom thats pretty straightforward and doesn't add too much drama. The characters are pretty well-rounded. Honestly I would put it high-up with Don't Bully Me, Nagatoro and Quintessential Quintuplets and Golden Kamuy, the last one I mentioned
only because both series are set in Hokkaido and gives some pretty useful information and insight about the land, history, culture, and norms there.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:38 pm Reply with quote
vanishingblood wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:

Never mind the fact that the author is from Hokkaido and set the series in his actual hometown... I think he would know.

You think he read Golden Kamuy by some chance?
moshingsafely

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I love Hokkaido, and I love gyaru, so I will absolutely be checking this out... but I kind of wish it was just the three gyaru getting into adventures without the male lead for them to moon over Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1